Tinted GTS

Post videos and photos of your Kizashi.
Speed_Racer

I figured I'd share some pics of my recent tint job, in case anyone is curious what certain percentages look like (I know I did some browsing before I picked a darkness)

Front driver/passenger window: 55%
This is the darkest allowed by Utah law, I can barely tell it's there, but it does reflect a little sunlight keeping my arm a little cooler. It's also reflective enough from the outside that it does a decent job hiding what I may have in my center console

Rear passenger/rear window: 20%
This is what I wish it were all around, the perfect darkness to deter prying eyes and keeping the interior cool. Doesn't affect vision at night, though I live in a city and the streets are well-lit. Also looks great - finishes up the car's looks.

Hope this helps somebody who may be considering tinting their own ride.

'12 Kizashi,'03 SV650,'04 DL1000
bootymac

Thanks for sharing. I personally like the fishbowl look but want the benefit of tint. It seems that 55% is the best of both worlds!
twoqttsdad

Looking forward to tinting mine too! 35% allowed here in Hawaii.

Sharp looking Kiz Speed!
2012 SLS
Azure Grey
FWD CVT
paininthenuts

My rear windscreen and the two rear sides are done by Suzuki. Must say, take the roof bars off, they ruin the lines of the car
bootymac

I'm assuming the roof racks are more for function than form :P
paininthenuts

bootymac wrote:I'm assuming the roof racks are more for function than form :P
That's no excuse. Chid seats are more or less the same, but I would rather put the child in the boot than have them ruin the look of Kizi
~tc~

Um, k ... Anyways, back on topic ... I had my side windows all done the same (35% IIRC) and then 20% on the rear window. I like the uniform appearance from the side.
2011 Sport SLS with nav Black Pearl Metallic
KuroNekko

Nice looking car.
Too bad tint laws in Utah are only 55% for the front. However, it seems to me that enforcement is really up to the police officer and what he thinks about you or how you are driving. They just use it as an excuse to pull you over for other reasons and cops will admit this if you know them.

I like the OEM accessory roof racks for the Kizashi as they are Whispbars (made by Yakima) and have an aerodynamic design that's also good-looking. They are a must-have you are a cyclist, skier, snowboarder, etc.
I also really like how the Kizashi's roof was designed to incorporate them so they don't use clamps and actually bolt right in.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
KuroNekko

paininthenuts wrote:
bootymac wrote:I'm assuming the roof racks are more for function than form :P
That's no excuse. Chid seats are more or less the same, but I would rather put the child in the boot than have them ruin the look of Kizi
Not sure if you saw it, but he has a road bike mount attached on the roof rack. It's obviously for hauling his bike around.

I also hope you don't have kids.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
SamirD

Speed_Racer wrote:I figured I'd share some pics of my recent tint job, in case anyone is curious what certain percentages look like (I know I did some browsing before I picked a darkness)

Front driver/passenger window: 55%
This is the darkest allowed by Utah law, I can barely tell it's there, but it does reflect a little sunlight keeping my arm a little cooler. It's also reflective enough from the outside that it does a decent job hiding what I may have in my center console

Rear passenger/rear window: 20%
This is what I wish it were all around, the perfect darkness to deter prying eyes and keeping the interior cool. Doesn't affect vision at night, though I live in a city and the streets are well-lit. Also looks great - finishes up the car's looks.

Hope this helps somebody who may be considering tinting their own ride.

Very nice! I'm really starting to like the red A LOT. It reminds me of the super rare 1st gen Altima in red: