My 2011 Kizashi

Post videos and photos of your Kizashi.
murcod

M!K3DNAKKA wrote:After taking a closer look at my front clip it looks as tho a coating almost like rhino liner has been applied to the lower portion of my bumper.
Yes, I was wondering what that was? So it's not some sort of stick on rubber moulding - it's painted on?
David
M!K3DNAKKA

Seems to be painted on, yes.
M!K3DNAKKA
LPSISRL

Actually, since that part of the bumper gets beat up so badly, it's not a bad idea to put something a little tougher coating on it. Black would work with just about any color.
2011 Kizashi SLS CVT (silver)
2005 Honda Odyssey
Priors:
2009 Suzuki SX4 Cross AWD 5-speed Tech package (vapor metallic blue)
M!K3DNAKKA

My only complaint about it is the fact that it is sun faded. I've tried some things to get with to look more "black" but they only last a week or so.
M!K3DNAKKA
paininthenuts

M!K3DNAKKA wrote:My only complaint about it is the fact that it is sun faded. I've tried some things to get with to look more "black" but they only last a week or so.
Try Armor shield. It is a great polish and works on just about everything
KuroNekko

There was an article I saw on plastic trim restoration products recently. I just searched and found it again. It is a Consumer Reports article on detailing products including plastic trim restoration products and how they compared.
Check it out.

https://autos.yahoo.com/news/consumer-r ... 46611.html
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
M!K3DNAKKA

Thanks guys, I'll check it out!
M!K3DNAKKA
M!K3DNAKKA

Watched the video. I've heard of the Wipe New, and have been meaning to try it out. May hit the auto parts store up this weekend. My thing is... I don't want to have to re-apply over and over again. May try it out and then try a clear coat? Have to do some research...
M!K3DNAKKA
KuroNekko

I don't think you can just clear coat over it. I think painting it would be better than doing that.
If I were you, I'd just leave it and make it part of my car wash regiment to always apply a trim restoration product on the bumper.
My old Sidekick had black plastic trim like that and I used to use trim restoration stuff that made it look new again at car washes.
Just treat it like tires. They get dirty and dull between car washes, but when you wash the car, also apply tire cleaner to make them shiny and protect the rubber. However, it sounds like quality trim restoration products can make the shine last much longer than any tire shine product.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
M!K3DNAKKA

Sounds good to me. Thanks for the feedback.
M!K3DNAKKA