My Kizashi! Catback exhaust, LED's, HID's & RRM SRI so far

Post videos and photos of your Kizashi.
TheHolyGhost

That's strange. I like when they're white though, nice and bright. The gap in between bulbs seems like it's almost too wide because I find that with regular bulbs there's kind of a dark spot in the middle of the plate
2010 Kizashi GTS
6 speed
Platinum Silver Metallic (Battle wounded)

2014 Ford Focus Titanium Hatchback

Past Cars:
2008 Subaru Legacy 2.5i
1998 Audi A4 1.8TQM
1998 Dodge Avenger ES
ThunderSky

Good Job Will2K. Looks great.
It's intimidating when you start, but once done it's easier than expected.
2011 Kizashi SX - AWD
2008 Honda Civic
2007 Saturn Sky Redline
2001 Mazda Protege
uforaverwill

Looks good. I can't wait to put my 6000k HIDS in car when I have the time and money.
2010 Kizashi SE
Platinum Silver
will2k

uforaverwill wrote:Looks good. I can't wait to put my 6000k HIDS in car when I have the time and money.
You definately won't have a problem because if i can do it, anyone can lol

I need to post a video! If the weather is good this weekend i'll get some video of the exhaust and HID's from the inside while driving.
Im thinking of getting a CAI next or maybe just a K&N panel filter :? The road race CAI looks great but shipping to Australia is the same as the price of the intake lol 25% tint should be coming in the next few weeks then all my modifying will be complete.

I'd love to do more but my girlfriend will kill me lol
MODS: catback exhaust, RRM SRI, 6000k HID, white led's all round, 22% tint, Rear swaybar, LED drl's, chrome stealth turn signal, scanguage II.

Sound system: 2 x Alpine 6.5" speakers, 2ch Pioneer amp and Fusion 10" subwoofer tube
uforaverwill

will2k wrote:
uforaverwill wrote:Looks good. I can't wait to put my 6000k HIDS in car when I have the time and money.
You definately won't have a problem because if i can do it, anyone can lol

I need to post a video! If the weather is good this weekend i'll get some video of the exhaust and HID's from the inside while driving.
Im thinking of getting a CAI next or maybe just a K&N panel filter :? The road race CAI looks great but shipping to Australia is the same as the price of the intake lol 25% tint should be coming in the next few weeks then all my modifying will be complete.

I'd love to do more but my girlfriend will kill me lol

Haha. I hear that one. Love to see the video and could you show where you put the ballast for the HIDS. I just wanna get an idea where to mount those suckers.
2010 Kizashi SE
Platinum Silver
will2k

The best place to mount the ballasts if they are small is definately inside the headlight like the others have done. It's best to try get a slim ballast if you want to do that. That way there are no wires or ballasts outside the headlight so it looks completely stock. But you would have to drill in the bottom of the headlight.

If you don't want to do that and you do it my way then you will have to drill a hole on each of the plastic headlight cap things so the wires can fit through.
I used cable ties to mount my ballasts bu they seem very sturdy and i can't move them at all so i think it should be fine. If you stand back 6 feet from the car with the bonnet open you can't see where i mounted them.

I will post some pictures so you can see. I might change the location one day who knows but for now they seem fine.

I wouldn't have even attempted it if it wasn't for thundersky's pictures and explainations so definately follow his guide. The other very important bit of information i got was from SX4toKizashi when he said underneath the front bar remove all the screws with washers! That was the secret to getting the front bar off as i tried a few other times and couldn't. I think i took off like 7-8 screws from underneath, all with washers and theb ar came right off. Was surprisingly easy to put back on also.
MODS: catback exhaust, RRM SRI, 6000k HID, white led's all round, 22% tint, Rear swaybar, LED drl's, chrome stealth turn signal, scanguage II.

Sound system: 2 x Alpine 6.5" speakers, 2ch Pioneer amp and Fusion 10" subwoofer tube
will2k

For me this is the drivers side but for all you americans it's the passenger side. I found a bracket so i cable tied it facing down so it isn't too noticable.

A closer view

Tucked in next to the airbox for now

It's cable tied to the clip of the airbox but it's very snug in there and i can't move it at all.

I was in a little bit of a hurry but it's easy enough to change the mounting locations but these were the simplest at the time yet still seem effective.

uforaverwill

Sweet! Thanks for the post and the advice.
2010 Kizashi SE
Platinum Silver
Moto
Site Admin

will2k wrote:Funny thing about the LED number plate lights. They are a nice bright white when you first turn them on, then they go slightly purple lol Either way they need a 36mm festoon bulb.

At first they look like this

Then after a while they look like this

If i have trouble with police i'll just play it stupid lol and say im sure they are white, then turn them off and on again to prove my point and i'll tell them i will change them back over to stock. I'll keep these for now and if i run into any trouble i'll get some different led's and make sure they stay white.
You may want to try putting a small resistor in series with the LEDs. You might be running them at a slightly higher current.

(2.2k ohm ish maybe.) I would try to get a variable resistor so you can figure it out. it isn't that hard to find a 0 to 5K ohm at like a surplus store or something. Even radio shack if you get super desperate.
will2k

Moto wrote:
You may want to try putting a small resistor in series with the LEDs. You might be running them at a slightly higher current.

(2.2k ohm ish maybe.) I would try to get a variable resistor so you can figure it out. it isn't that hard to find a 0 to 5K ohm at like a surplus store or something. Even radio shack if you get super desperate.
You may be onto something because one of the bulbs actually hardly works anymore, it isn't bright at all. What would a variable resistor look like?