My Kizashi! Catback exhaust, LED's, HID's & RRM SRI so far

Post videos and photos of your Kizashi.
11zukizashi

Any negative long term effects due to heat or whatnot from the hids?
Northernstar

i have had HID for quite a while now, no negative effects as of now
murcod

I would think the HID's should run cooler than halogen.
David
11zukizashi

Did you guys use a relay harness or just plug right into the factory wiring?
Northernstar

dont know......had the shop did it for me
IshaanIan

Hey guys I'm new to this forum just got my Kizashi last month :D and I was wondering what difference a catback exhaust really makes to the performance of the car 5hp-7hp gains perhaps? Also at what rpms does the noise filter through to the cabin? In stock form there is almost no noise until about 3500 rpm and then at 4000 and beyond it is pretty audible and I kinda like it this way (no noise until 3000 rpm) because that means while I'm at cruising speeds there it's all calm and composed. Would an aftermarket freeflow exhaust like the borla or catback one affect this much?
SuzukiGirl14

Where did you get he door lights and the DRL from. i can't seem to find nice DRL anywhere. i have hid in my car and of course the orange light clashes.
Suzuki Kizashi SE AWD
KuroNekko

SuzukiGirl14 wrote:Where did you get he door lights and the DRL from. i can't seem to find nice DRL anywhere. i have hid in my car and of course the orange light clashes.
Are you talking about the position bulb? Ebay would be the best place though I got mine in Japan. The actual tiny bulb that lights up along with the low beam is actually the position bulb. The DRL is through the high beam bulb at low wattage.

If you want the actual DRL to be LED, then you basically lose high beams as they are the same bulb. LEDs are no good for distance illumination in terms of most cars at the current technology.

If you are interested in replacing the position bulb, (the tiny incandescent bulb located directly under the high beam bulb that also turns on when low beams are on), then check out my write up in the DIY section. The bulb is a T10 bulb.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
SuzukiGirl14

I'm talking about the stock orange light that is placed all the way at the corner of the lens. I don't really mind the position lighting.
Suzuki Kizashi SE AWD
KuroNekko

SuzukiGirl14 wrote:I'm talking about the stock orange light that is placed all the way at the corner of the lens. I don't really mind the position lighting.
That's the turn signal bulb. Changing that color is pointless in my opinion and is actually illegal. Those don't illuminate unless the blinker or hazards are on so I am not sure why you think they clash with HID low beams.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)