My Kizashi! Catback exhaust, LED's, HID's & RRM SRI so far

Post videos and photos of your Kizashi.
SuzukiGirl14

No, no Thats not what im talking about i know that bulb. The other side of the lenssorry about the confusion
Suzuki Kizashi SE AWD
SuzukiGirl14

Here is a picture of what I am talking about.
Attachments
these are the lights im talking about.
these are the lights im talking about.
Suzuki Kizashi SE AWD
KuroNekko

Still a little too ambiguous as I was talking about the "other side" the first time.
Let's eliminate ambiguity and use the reference below.

1) Position Bulb
2) High beam/DRL (same bulb used)
3) Low beam inside projector housing
4) Turn signal bulb
5) Fender-mounted side turn signal bulb
6) Side marker bulb
7) Fog light bulb

Now which one are you talking about?
Attachments
drl.jpg
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
SuzukiGirl14

It is apparently the position bulb. I've always called it the Daytime Running Light. Online I found LED's for the bulb, but being called Auxillery lighting. So that should cover my problem. Thanks for you're help.
Suzuki Kizashi SE AWD
KuroNekko

SuzukiGirl14 wrote:It is apparently the position bulb. I've always called it the Daytime Running Light. Online I found LED's for the bulb, but being called Auxillery lighting. So that should cover my problem. Thanks for you're help.
Great to clear that up. I did a write up on changing the position bulb if you want to check that out in the DIY section.

Also, note: these only come on when the headlight control is either Headlight ON or the midway position (position bulb). They do NOT turn on while the headlight control switch is in the OFF position. When headlights are OFF, the DRL is what comes on. The DRL is the high beam at low wattage. If you drive with the midway position on, then you drive with position bulb on PLUS the DRL. The DRL ONLY goes off when the low beams are ON. When low beams are on, its low beam on PLUS position bulb.

If you have the midway position on and you pull the handbrake up, the DRLs will turn OFF, but the position bulbs remain on. This is why they actually exist. They are to mark the car's presence (or position) without using the headlights.

This is important in Japan (where our cars are from) because Japanese driving etiquette is for drivers to turn off their low beams while waiting at an intersection. To still have light to show that a car is present, this is where the "position bulbs" come in. They offer a low, pleasant light to show that a car is there without possibly annoying or blinding oncoming traffic. They don't have the same DRLs like we do so the position bulb does more in the JDM.

LED upgrades to position bulbs are very popular in Japan and I got my PIAA LEDs without even searching hard when I was in Japan.
SuzukiGirl14

Sorry, I got your reply from earlier. I was at work an did not read it clearly, which made things a little frusterating. Those bulbs I said I found are on this link.

http://www.carid.com/2010-suzuki-kizash ... 26219.html

are these the same as what we were talking about?
Suzuki Kizashi SE AWD
KuroNekko

No, these will not work.

The position bulbs are T10 bulbs. Google/ebay "T10 LED bulbs" to get a sense of the bulbs. Also, I strongly suggest you check out my write-up.

Also, a warning:

If you buy cheap LED bulbs, they will most likely A) not be bright and B) fail in a short amount of time.
I've learned my lesson with ebay LEDs. The ones I put in my car for the position bulbs are Made in Japan PIAA-brand LEDs. PIAAs can get really expensive, but I got basic ones.

Given that changing a bulb in the headlight of the Kizashi involves a lot of time and labor, I strongly recommend using quality bulbs or you may be very disappointed.
Northernstar

ppl in Japan turn off their headlight when waiting at intersection?? Why??
No wonder they put position light on the car.....I was like.....which idiot put this useless light on the car in the first place lol.

One question, when I am buying LEDs on ebay, how do I tell if they are quality ones or cheap knock-offs??
KuroNekko

Northernstar wrote:ppl in Japan turn off their headlight when waiting at intersection?? Why??
No wonder they put position light on the car.....I was like.....which idiot put this useless light on the car in the first place lol.

One question, when I am buying LEDs on ebay, how do I tell if they are quality ones or cheap knock-offs??
Why do the Japanese turn off their lights? It's etiquette so a driver does not distract another driver in the opposite side with their headlights. There is no need to flood a well lit area with a lot of light so they turn their headlights off. It's nice when you have a truck or SUV behind you too. It's like reducing "light pollution" in a way, like noise pollution. It's considered courtesy and it's nice when you have cars with HIDs around so your eyes aren't so strained. Drivers turn their lights back on when the car is in motion.
This is why nearly all JDM cars have position bulbs.

Also, the cheap ebay LEDs are usually sold in bundles and don't have a brand name associated with them. I would say the bulbs that have many LEDs stuck on them like a dipped candy apple are also questionable. Also beware that some ebay sellers make it look like their LEDs are legit Japanese ones, but they just repackage crappy ones in the JDM packaging. I once had that happen. From that experience, I decided to just buy legit ones, even if they cost a lot more. As the old saying goes, if it looks too good to be true (price), then it most likely is.

Crappy LEDs also output much less light than incandescent bulbs and you'll want to switch back just to have usable light again. It might be even better to buy directly from a LED wholesaler than random folks on ebay.
SuzukiGirl14

what bulb sizes do you need for front and rear dome lighting? and also for the door lighting? Thanks!
Suzuki Kizashi SE AWD