Picked up my 2012 Kizashi GTS yesterday

Post videos and photos of your Kizashi.
Woodie

Welcome Marcov71

I too am a long time Suzuki guy. 5 GEO Metros, a Suzuki Swift, an Aerio, a Kizashi, and just last week I got a 91 Pontiac Firefly Turbo. The plan is a full restoration on that one.
Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms
Should be a convenience store, not a government agency
KuroNekko

Woodie wrote:... and just last week I got a 91 Pontiac Firefly Turbo. The plan is a full restoration on that one.
You need to tell us more about this car. From some other post I read, it was apparently a turbo version of a Swift sold in North America for a limited time?
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
Woodie

Yeah, about halfway between a Metro and a Swift GTi. It's got the 993cc three cylinder with a 5 psi turbo on it, small hood scoop for the intercooler and a rear wing like a Mustang SVO. Only sold in Canada, don't know how they got it titled here in the States as it doesn't have the door mounted passive seatbelts that were required here. I just got it delivered on Tuesday last week, closed the garage door and set out for two weeks of training in Connecticut, so I haven't had a chance to dig into it yet. Here's a couple of pictures of it, this is the actual car I bought:
Marcov71

That Firefly is sweeeeeet!! I almost got my hands on a Swift Gti, a few years ago. The guy ended up changing his mind and kept the car. I got an unbelievable deal on the Samurai. $500!! I ran to the ATM down the block before he changed his mind. Ended up selling it 5 years later for $3000.I still regret selling it. My 2000 Grand Vitara was an absolute BEAST!! I bought it with 90,000 miles and it was totaled when a teen age kid crashed into it. It had 200000 miles when she died. It never left me stranded, never broke down, most expensive repair was replacing clutch. The Aerio was my hobby. I put so much money into that thing. Not in repairs, but upgrades. I ended up selling my Aerio only because I started using my car for field related work and it was drawing too much attention. The Aerio was also another awesome car. Small on the outside but spacious on the inside. It was definitely a look that was not for everyone but I personally loved it. The Aerio was the first of its kind when it came to crossovers. Hopefully, the Kizashi will surpass my expectations!!
2012 Kizashi CVT AWD/ w paint chips :shock:
Orange County/Brooklyn NY
ehart814

Yes that firefly is awesome! I love obscure little cars like that! Kinda makes me think of the omni glh....

I have owned 2 sx4's, a sidekick, and now I have the kiz (wife drives it mostly) and an 08 XL7. The xl7 is actually gm Equinox based, but it's a great car. I love driving it almost as much as the kiz.... Btw my kiz is identical to yours (2012 sls awd azure gray). Good choice!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Woodie

I was going to apologize to you Marcov71, for threadjacking, but I see you're joining right in.

Those pictures are VERY flattering, like an older actress shot through a gel lens. It's a bit rough in person. I piddled with it a bit Sunday, and although I'm the biggest Guinness fan in the world, I don't think it's a good idea that I have it in my cooling system. I filled up the very slightly cracked radiator and ran it with the cap off to burp the air out of the system. When the thermostat opened, the lovely clear water turned to a brown milkshake, so I'm pretty sure the head gasket is blown.
KuroNekko

Woodie wrote:I was going to apologize to you Marcov71, for threadjacking, but I see you're joining right in.

Those pictures are VERY flattering, like an older actress shot through a gel lens. It's a bit rough in person. I piddled with it a bit Sunday, and although I'm the biggest Guinness fan in the world, I don't think it's a good idea that I have it in my cooling system. I filled up the very slightly cracked radiator and ran it with the cap off to burp the air out of the system. When the thermostat opened, the lovely clear water turned to a brown milkshake, so I'm pretty sure the head gasket is blown.
Yikes. I was hoping to maybe see you driving the car around but it sounds like it needs some work before then.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
delusional29

Got mine over 4 years ago (2011 SLS AWD) and she looks and drives like the first day I bought her new.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1440634407.831323.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1440634407.831323.jpg (156.48 KiB) Viewed 6195 times
DesRado

What % tint is that delusional, that looks amazing... but not legal in VA lol
2012 Platinum Silver Kizashi GTS, 6SP

delusional29

Not legal here either. 7% (limo grade).