2012 Suzuki Kizashi Sport MT

Post videos and photos of your Kizashi.
KiZoo

NickL wrote:Well, I recently put the winter tires on my Kizzy. I decided to stick within the factory recommendations and bought the 215 55 tyres for 17 inch rim from Suzuki Vitara. I think that the rims look nice, but the width of the tyre is a bit narower and that's what I don't like. It is a bit difference between 18 inch and 235 tyre width. The car looks a bit funnier with this narower tyres but nevertheless, I think these rims with black and silver polished spokes match up good with the rest of the car. ....

Lovely car! My SE is plagued with the amber side marker lamps - of which, one of mine is cracked. Replacement is close to $80. Really like the clean badgeless look! Def needs the big "S" on the trunk lid.

Sent from my S30 using Tapatalk
NickL

Thanks!

When the car came into my hands, it was totally debagded from the back. I had the idea to put the "Suzuki" and "Kizashi" signs on the trunk, but then I gave up at the end. However I did mount the big S in the middle and I like how it looks now.

I will also definitely have to remove this ugly black stripe that the previous owner mounted on top of the rear bumper. I don't like it at all....
"The only real mistake is the one from which we learn nothing". H. Ford
KiZoo

Right on!

Tight looking ride to be sure..
Feeling under dressed

Sent from my S30 using Tapatalk
NickL

Today was beatifull weather even though it is November and I decided to take my Kizashi for a spin few kilometers on a German Highway.

I was playing with the gearbox to see what this car can, and boy it can really put a smile on a mans face. From crusing around at 100 km/h downshifting in 3rd gear the engine jumps to arround 4800 rpm and with full gas start pulling aggressively ahead until it reaches red zone. Then quick upshifting one gear and starst to pul further. I tested the acceleration from 160 to 200 km/h and car doesn't seem to show a lack of agility and is always ready to constantly deliver power on front wheels. I reached around 220 km/h in 5th gear and couldn't go further because of Traffic, but I swear there is a bit more sugar left, to the 230 or maybe even 240 km/h.
The car really justifies that sporty look. It surely isn't a true sports car but if a man knows how to push it to it's limit, especially with the manual stick shifts, it will surely put the smile on a face. And the whole car seems so stabil on high speeds. For a 4 cylinder naturally aspirated engine, it is a wonder. I could sware that under that bonnet lies more than 200 hp...

I read many test drives of Kizashi from some magazines years ago, and funny thing is that many of these people all the time layed out how Kizashi even though has 180 hp, it is underpowered car that has a high consumption with less performance. That is simply not true, and I wonder if these people really ever knew how to use the power and driving capabilities of this beatifull car...
SAEED_KIZZY

NickL wrote:Today was beatifull weather even though it is November and I decided to take my Kizashi for a spin few kilometers on a German Highway.

I was playing with the gearbox to see what this car can, and boy it can really put a smile on a mans face. From crusing around at 100 km/h downshifting in 3rd gear the engine jumps to arround 4800 rpm and with full gas start pulling aggressively ahead until it reaches red zone. Then quick upshifting one gear and starst to pul further. I tested the acceleration from 160 to 200 km/h and car doesn't seem to show a lack of agility and is always ready to constantly deliver power on front wheels. I reached around 220 km/h in 5th gear and couldn't go further because of Traffic, but I swear there is a bit more sugar left, to the 230 or maybe even 240 km/h.
The car really justifies that sporty look. It surely isn't a true sports car but if a man knows how to push it to it's limit, especially with the manual stick shifts, it will surely put the smile on a face. And the whole car seems so stabil on high speeds. For a 4 cylinder naturally aspirated engine, it is a wonder. I could sware that under that bonnet lies more than 200 hp...

I read many test drives of Kizashi from some magazines years ago, and funny thing is that many of these people all the time layed out how Kizashi even though has 180 hp, it is underpowered car that has a high consumption with less performance. That is simply not true, and I wonder if these people really ever knew how to use the power and driving capabilities of this beatifull car...
wow 220Km/h fantastic big plus for MT.
NickL

Yes it is, but as I already mentioned, car can go surely 230 km/h and most probably a bit more.

The sad things is that Kizashi wasn't offered in 4x4 but with manual transmission. That would have been ever more fun to drive!
Tom Kizzie

220-230 is wat i read where the 230 had another rxhaust already. First time i took it to 220 i thought the same as you... That i would get around 230. Maybe have to try it in germany also. Others times i tried it also was stuck at 220. It has to go 225-230 if you want a 215 for real so though you reach 220 quick i hoped for a bit higher topspeed :drive:
kizashi 6mt black
NickL

We just made a 1300 km (800 miles) trip in our Kizashi that took around 14 hours to complete with all the breaks and stops. The funny thing is that the last 5 hours of ride we didn't make stop at all because we didn't need to. And after the ride we didn't feel so tired or cramped at all. Kizashy is just a lovely car for long distance rides. Comfortable enough to keep you fresh for long time, but fun enough and with sharp steering to keep you involved all the time. Can't wait to make another trip...

Anyway, this upcoming Sommer I'm gonna be doing some detailing on my Kizzy. My plan is to remove the ugly black stripe from rear bumper (is still there), and to remove all the scratches and damages from rear and front bumper, to completely repaint front grill and to polish headlights. However, I am leanning toward the idea of painting all the chromed parts in black, including the front bumper and side stripes as well as the muffler housings. Then again I was thinking to paint the S badges front and back in black as well as trunk spoiler. Later on in winter, I plan to paint the summer Wheels in black. What do you think guys? Is it gonna be too much black and white?

I have nothing against chrome but then again chromed details give a car elegant look, and the black ones a sporty look. Regarding the fact that my model is what you call in US SLS, or sport in Europe, with lower suspension, bigger bumpers and side skirts, I thinks that black details are gonna be amazing. Or am I wrong?

Thanks for the opinions....
KuroNekko

NickL wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 10:20 am We just made a 1300 km (800 miles) trip in our Kizashi that took around 14 hours to complete with all the breaks and stops. The funny thing is that the last 5 hours of ride we didn't make stop at all because we didn't need to. And after the ride we didn't feel so tired or cramped at all. Kizashy is just a lovely car for long distance rides. Comfortable enough to keep you fresh for long time, but fun enough and with sharp steering to keep you involved all the time. Can't wait to make another trip...

Anyway, this upcoming Sommer I'm gonna be doing some detailing on my Kizzy. My plan is to remove the ugly black stripe from rear bumper (is still there), and to remove all the scratches and damages from rear and front bumper, to completely repaint front grill and to polish headlights. However, I am leanning toward the idea of painting all the chromed parts in black, including the front bumper and side stripes as well as the muffler housings. Then again I was thinking to paint the S badges front and back in black as well as trunk spoiler. Later on in winter, I plan to paint the summer Wheels in black. What do you think guys? Is it gonna be too much black and white?

I have nothing against chrome but then again chromed details give a car elegant look, and the black ones a sporty look. Regarding the fact that my model is what you call in US SLS, or sport in Europe, with lower suspension, bigger bumpers and side skirts, I thinks that black details are gonna be amazing. Or am I wrong?

Thanks for the opinions....
There are other Kizashi owners who blacked out their cars and posted photos here. Look in the gallery section and you may come across the photos. This way, you can get a sense of how it would look and decide if you like it or not.

I totally agree that the Kizashi is a great touring car because it's fun to drive and comfortable; a rare combination in a vehicle of such value. Most comfortable cars are rather sedate to drive and aren't engaging in the curves. Sporty cars that handle well tend to be less comfortable, especially for long drives at sustained high speeds. The Kizashi does well at both while not costing as much as others (namely European sport sedans) that handle both well. I can relate to the fact that the Kizashi has a unique ability to keep one comfortable even after long drives. I don't feel fatigued after hours and hours behind the wheel of the Kizashi unlike all the other small cars I've had in the past. I think it's the combination of the excellent seats, the noise/vibration/harshness isolation, and the suspension that was tuned to be a good mix of comfort and handling. I drove my Kizashi across the USA in 2017 by myself, averaging about 900 miles a day for 3 days straight. I was amazed at how comfortable the Kizashi was for such a grueling driving schedule.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
AirRideFan

NickL wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 8:28 am So... I suddenly decided not to paint the rims. Instead I made a decision to plasti dip them.

At the end it is gonna be Anthracit Grey color. However I don't know if I need a base coat for this color? Something like a black matt?

And If I do need the Basis, do I need one can of matt colour and then one can of grey for each rim, or can I for example buy 2 Cans of matt for 4 Rims and then 4 cans more with gray?

Thanks in advance!
BEAUTIFUL Kizashi, my friend! Dannggg... are the Sport models (especially with Leather/Heated Seats) SUPER SUPER RARE where you're located, also? Please post some pics of the wheels---

Funny you mentioned the anthracite grey--- I actually just found a Kizashi I might want to buy to replace mine with ---- since it has almost 90k less miles--- and is the color I want. But they did the wheels in the dark grey! I'll attach some pics to check out.

2012 KIZASHI Sport SLS

ExtremeContact DWS Tuned tires on staggered Speedlines! :o
Ecsta V720 235/40's on the OEM 18's
Hakkapeliitta R2 235/45's on Sport Edition KV5 18's <- too heavy
WinterContact 215/55's on Lexus GS 16's this winter!