pioneer double din DVD installed

Post videos and photos of your Kizashi.
wlyles31

Hey everybody. Quick question. How are you guys getting the climate control panel off to get to the radio? I see the two clips below the climate controls but I can not get it off to save my life. Thanks for the help.
~tc~

Search there's a thread with pictures and everything
2011 Sport SLS with nav Black Pearl Metallic
wlyles31

Thanks, I'll try that.
hocaspocas

wlyles31 wrote:Hey everybody. Quick question. How are you guys getting the climate control panel off to get to the radio? I see the two clips below the climate controls but I can not get it off to save my life. Thanks for the help.
There is not detailed information in other threads, well at least no one is showing exactly all the steps. So here is a summary of what you have to do.

1. Open the small compartment door under the AC control panel.
2. Hold the lower edge of the AC control panel and pull it HARD forwards. Don't worry nothing will break, you just need to pull hard, there are four pink tabs. This is very easy for the 2011 model. I read the 2010 model it has a clamps on the uper size but not in the 2011.
3. My car does not have a radio but has already a kit installed to fit an aftermarket. To remove it there are two philips screw on the back. You need a long screwriver and small hands to reach them and hold them while you are unscrewing. Becarefull they migth fall very easy and it will be a headache to get them back.

And that is it. You have removed your radio. I couldn't believe it was that easy untill I did it myself.
wlyles31

Yea thanks a lot for the info. Like you said, I couldn't find any good info on how to do it. I'll have to try and put some muscle in it. I tried it once and thought that I was going to break it. Thanks again and I'll post how it goes.
~tc~

A search on "AC Panel Removal" shows the thread.

http://www.kizashiclub.com/forum/viewto ... el+removal
2011 Sport SLS with nav Black Pearl Metallic
wlyles31

Thanks everybody for all the info. I actually got everything popped out. I also have another question. The reason why I needed to get to my Kenwood touch that came with the car was to bypass the parking sensor wire. I was wondering if anybody knows which color the wire is. I have been looking for a post here but can't seem to find anything. Online, Kenwood says that it is the light green wire but I want to see if anybody has done this successfully before I start cutting. Thanks again for the help.
vipkizashi

Yes it is a light green wire. I have installed many touch screens. Just run the green wire to a 2 wire toggle switch and run a wire from the other side of the toggle switch to a ground. Putt a DVD in and flip the switch up then down. It should start playing right away. :D
2011 Kizashi SE CVT AWD.
Platinum silver metallic
Pioneer AVH-P4300DVD
Alpine Type R 15"
Elemental designs nine.1 amp
Fat-mat sound deadening.
10,000K HID's
wlyles31

Hey thanks for the reply. I will get that started.
vipkizashi

Let me know if it works. it will work on most after market touch screens.
2011 Kizashi SE CVT AWD.
Platinum silver metallic
Pioneer AVH-P4300DVD
Alpine Type R 15"
Elemental designs nine.1 amp
Fat-mat sound deadening.
10,000K HID's