Kizashi in snow!

Post videos and photos of your Kizashi.
Cherish

[youtube][/youtube]

Enjoy!
Amedia1

Man, that looks like fun! Great car, great color, great video!
TOM JONES

Cherish wrote: Enjoy!
I just bought an SLS and the AWD is the only thing I was dissapointed with. Doesn't compare to Subarus AWD not even close. I got stuck in the snow one hour after I picked the car up..If I would have known how useless the AWD was I would have saved a thousand bucks and did without it or bought a subaru legacy..
TOM JONES

Amedia1 wrote:Man, that looks like fun! Great car, great color, great video!
Great car but the AWD is useless and a waste of money..I love AWDs but the one in this car sucks big time and that's no exageration..
DeepSea

TOM JONES wrote:
Great car but the AWD is useless and a waste of money..I love AWDs but the one in this car sucks big time and that's no exageration..
Care to explain? I haven't had to use the AWD on mine yet, but what about it makes it useless? I would think AWD would be helpful? I've been in a friends SX-4 in AWD mode and it was like a little tank in the snow....
TOM JONES

DeepSea wrote:
TOM JONES wrote:
Care to explain? I haven't had to use the AWD on mine yet, but what about it makes it useless? I would think AWD would be helpful? I've been in a friends SX-4 in AWD mode and it was like a little tank in the snow....
First of all it's not a true AWD either the front two or back two tires spin but not all at once..Stop it in a foot and a half of snow and I guaruntee you're going to get stuck like I did an hour after picking it up and trying the AWD..I can stop my 2005 Baja in three foot of snow and get out every time because I've done it..Also going up a steep snowy hill when the tires are spinning and it keeps jumping from front to rear wheel drive(and that's exactly what it does)the car wants to go all over the road..My Baja goes straight up and you don't even know if you're spinning..Once you try yours in some deep snow go and drive a Subaru in deep snow and you'll know what I mean..Other then that I like my kizachi the AWD is my only complaint so far..I was definately getting a Subaru Legacy until I saw this car..Kizachi gives a lot for the money..
Senegal

interesting, how did you expect to get through a foot and half of snow when the car only has 5.7 inches of clearance? 2010 legacy has 5.9 inches, outback has about 8.

I hope others will join to correct me if I'm wrong, but the system in Kizashi is always on. It directs minimum power to the rear when AWD is off or when AWD is on and you're going a constant speed without slippage.

With AWD on, another 30-40% power is to the back wheels but not "permanently" in a sense that in a situation that the car needs more power in the front, the power can revert to the front wheels again. I personally find this setup more advanced than Legacy, especially in the 4 cyl CVT model.

Anyways, I'll be impressed if any car with such low clearance makes it through that much snow.

I'll be fitting mine with snow tires when the time comes.
Moto
Site Admin

I don't think the AWD system is really intended to act as 4WD. Under normal driving conditions which would be ice or shallow snow it would defiantly help.

If you got stuck only a few hours after you got the car you probably didn't have time to get proper snow tires. Regardless I'm fairly certain you would have got any car stuck with that amount of snow on the ground. I'm a fan of Subaru, but I don't think it would help in this case.
Cherish

Yeah... I've not had ANY trouble with the Kizashi on regular snow and ice driving on steep hills or not...

In fact, in the video , you can see it goes right up one with no issues. Indeed, there are a lot of steep hills it goes up with no issues in my area...

As far as going through a foot and a half of snow... that's all about the ground clearance and the weight of the car.

Besides... are you really comparing a Sedan to a Truck when it comes to "off road" conditions?
gaww

With the Kizashi (like with my AWD Morano), you have to turn the stability control off if you are not getting enough bite with it on. With it off, all 4 wheesl may spin - but that is often what is needed to bite through the show and get going. It made a HUGE difference in the Morano.

As for anything going through 3 feet of snow -only if it was plowed. I have driven serious off road vehicles in deep snow in Colorado, and if the snow dept is much more then the clearance - you will high-center every time.

PS - the OEM tires scored very low in tire tests and ratings - and that does not help.