Kizashi Club

Your Kizashi Owners Club and Forum 

Non-Suzuki related topics. Anything can go here.
 #48515  by Ronzuki
 Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:07 pm
Yeah, agreed...she likely didn't know, but come on...no gas engine sounds, starter cranking etc., should have done something to light something up in that air head of hers.

Also agree that if we're going to be forced in to this EV non-sense, there had better be some sort of gas fired back-up in the thing for me to even consider owning one (like it or not).
 #48519  by KuroNekko
 Wed Dec 19, 2018 8:08 am
Ronzuki wrote:Yeah, agreed...she likely didn't know, but come on...no gas engine sounds, starter cranking etc., should have done something to light something up in that air head of hers.

Also agree that if we're going to be forced in to this EV non-sense, there had better be some sort of gas fired back-up in the thing for me to even consider owning one (like it or not).

I think EVs are the future and the technology makes a lot of sense to me. However, the infrastructure isn't there to support them the same way as gasoline (yet) so that's why I have some reservations. It's not the powertrain, as I generally consider electric propulsion superior to internal combustion and its necessary transmission, but more about charging and range. While I will personally admit an EV could easily replace my vehicle for all my regular driving (commuting and for work), I really like the outdoors and doing things like visiting the mountains or desert for things like camping and hiking. Given some regions like the Joshua Tree National Park are so remote that one does not even have cell signal out there, EV charging is a major concern. At least with gasoline, you can easily fill up just before entering the park and if need be, have extra fuel in auxiliary jerry cans.
This is why a PHEV that blends the convenience and capabilities of both to optimize for either urban commuting or long/remote area driving appeals to me. Until an ideal vehicle with adventure-ready features with superior efficiency is available, I'm keeping my Kizashi.