My Tesla Roaster 2.0 Conspiracy

Non-Suzuki related topics. Anything can go here.
Moto
Site Admin

I think Tesla's hold my beer moment the last couple of weeks was about more showing up Porsche.

Predictions: The Next Time We See Tesla at the Nürburgring:
1. Tesla Model S Plaid will easily set the fastest (soon to) production four door car speed around the track. They will use the data from this run to tweak the car.

2. If they are allowed they may also set the quickest mass produced cars self-driving/autonomous speed time on the track.

3. The first trip was all just smoke and mirrors so than can collect data for their real run at the Nürburgring.
Who cares if you’re the fastest four door car at the track? The real goal is fastest car around the track ever. Period

4. … They are shooting for production on the Roaster 2.0 sometime late next year. Maybe They will bring the Roaster 2.0 the next time they show up at the track.

Tesla’s Hype Machine
Tesla lives on hype and the following quote is directly from the preorder page for the Tesla Roadster 2.0.
“The first supercar to set every performance record and still fit seating for four.”

A run at the Ring would help solidify their claim if the car is up to the task. With the data they collected on this trip they can probably figure out the theoretical lap time of the Roadsters 2.0.

According to Wikipedia, the current production car record holder is the Lamborghini Aventador LP770-4 SVJ @ 6:44.97. Lamborghini conducted test with a full roll cage and Pirelli P Zero Trofeo R tires.

According to the information released by Tesla, the Roadster 2.0 should be able to out preform the Aventador LP770-4 SVJ. Time will tell if that statement is true.

Wrapping things up
The long and the short of it… Tesla was at the Nürburgring for two reasons.

1. Repay Porsche for trying to embarrass them on the world stage.
2. Collect data to get their Tesla roaster dialed in for a run at the all-time production Nürburgring record.

:roll:
We'll see if I'm right about anything in the next couple of months.
KuroNekko

I recall reading an article years ago about the Model S on the Nurburgring. While quite decent, it was evident that the heavy car suffered from its weigh. It's amazing how in just a few years, Tesla can get the same car and make it a record-challenger. It goes to show the huge potential of improvements with EV drivetrains and platforms, even within the same chassis.

Tesla is a company that relies a lot on hype but they just seem to deliver. I can't think of any other company that so quickly adapts and improves. While I'm sure the fanbois are all excited about the new Roadster and the records it may break, the huge success coming to Tesla shortly is the upcoming midsize Model Y CUV. I now see Model 3s far more than Model S' on the road and the Model Y is basically the CUV version of the 3. With the popularity of CUVs right now yet with ever-rising gas prices again, I think the Model Y will be a hit. It also looks far better than the bloated whale Model X, IMO and doesn't have the falcon doors which I personally thought were dumb and gimmicky.

Model Y
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
Kiplint

Tesla's marketing is really cool and creates a certain image, I like it