What car are you coming from?

Non-Suzuki related topics. Anything can go here.
Wizzbang

1984 Jeep CJ8 - My first car, slow as anything and drank fuel like there was no tomorrow. Had the best time in it though and crammed about 12 people in the back :D. It was involved in two separate accidents - the second one wrote it off.

1988 Toyota Camry - After the experience of owning the Jeep, I wanted a simple boring car and nothing fitted the bill quite like a Camry. Had it for about 3 years, during which time the 'modification bug' had bitten and I had installed a full stereo, loud exhaust and a host of other distasteful mods. Sold it for $900 to a friend.

1999 Subaru Liberty RX 2.5 (Legacy) - One of the best cars I have owned, loved the AWD traction. Was my first ever car fitted with full electrics and A/C! Had it for nearly 5 years before selling it with almost 300,000kms on the clock.

1994 Ford Festiva (Aspire) - Was a hand-me-down from the old man's missus. Loved having a cheap bunky that I didn't have to worry about where I parked it or leaving it unlocked somewhere. Handed it down to my little bro where it met its demise in the form of an undisclosed mechanical issue.

2011 Suzuki Kizashi XLS - Alas I decided to make the major upgrade to a new car with all the fruit and have not looked back since. Looking forward to the next 10 years with this beast and maybe handing it down to my children (if they don't have hover cars by then :)).
2011 Suzuki Kizashi XLS 6MT Premium Silver
kizashijayy

My first car was an '03 Civic coupe.. I loved Rocket but he was getting old and needed a ton of work so I decided to get A.J (my kizzy). He's a '12 S but had a lot of features I liked for the price.. Plus the AWD had me sold..
Attachments
Rocket
Rocket
fjroman2

Never saw this thread:

I guess I have had a lot of cars along the way...
1991 - 1993
1968 Olds 442 - drove this in HS - was my dads car. thing was a beast, but a rust bucket.

1993 - 1997
88 Dodge Charger - nice little car, basic...but got me everywhere I needed to go. Traded for the Shadow - see below

1997 - 2001
94 Dodge Shadow - LOL same as above - nice little car, basic...but got me everywhere I needed to go. Sold to buy the Pathfinder - see below

2001 - 2009
97 Nissan Pathfinder - loved this guy, a little under powered, but got went through anything. Got rusty really fast...pissed me off. Kept it as my winter car when I got the Passat - see below.

2004 - 2009
2004 VW Passat - great car...comfy inside, turbo, good mileage...but I panicked and got rid of it because I thought it was going to cost a lot in repairs once it was out of warranty. Wife took this over in 2008 - see below

2008 - 2012
2007 Mazda 3 GTS - Great little car, sporty, good mileage, crappy in the snow (ultimate reason I got rid of it - also, I thought the steel was a little cheap and was going to start rusting soon). Traded for the Kizashi in Dec 2012

2009 to present
Subaru Forester - wife's car...she loves it. We got rid of the VW and the Pathfinder when we got this.

Dec 2012 - Got me a new 2013 SLS AWD!!!
2013 Suzuki Kizashi SLS AWD - Premium Silver
Priors:
2007 Mazda 3S GTS
2004 VW Passat
1997 Nissan Pathfinder
2013 Honda Pilot (wife's vehicle)
WIKizashi

Fun topic!

First vehicle I owned was a 1992 Toyota Tercel 4-spd manual coupe bought used in 2000.

Sold that to a neighbor in 2002 for a 2002 Hyundai Accent GS 5-spd manual 3-door.

Sold the Accent a few weeks ago and bought the 2013 Kizashi SE.
twoqttsdad

2009 Toyota Corolla. Always was a Toyota person only because of their dependability and resale value. Finally got just so bored with their products. Hoping my Kiz holds up just as well. I enjoy driving now!

Aloha!
2012 SLS
Azure Grey
FWD CVT
honsonwong

Nissan Sunny,
Alfa Romeo 75
Toyota Camry
Toyota Camry
Suzuki Kizashi
coref1

Fiat 1500
Fiat 125
Fiat 132
Nissan Pintara (Aus built car)
Toyota Camry 2000 gen 3 model (still own)
Toyota Corolla 1994 model
Toyota Corolla 1999 model (still own)
Kizashi
Knightstruth

I'm late but here goes:

2005 325xi: best handling car I have had. While I did not have alot of problems the ones I did have would have been big repair bills if not for the warranty.
2006 Legacy: bought this used and had oil leaking out almost right away. I loved the look of this car, but it was slooow and did not have alot of features. Traded it almost right away for my 2012.
2012 Legacy: Very good car. More Lexus GS350 like then anything. Felt big, but was good on gas. Overrated AWD in my opinion and not really engaging at all. Traded this straight for...
2012 Kizashi: Awesome car so far. Handles well has alot of features for the price. Cheap plastic on the interior with small parts breaking off easy.
sx4rocious

Late to the party, but a cool thread, so here goes:

I've really owned to many cars to count in my 20 years of driving, so I'll start when I got married 10 years ago...

I had a 1998 Buick Regal GL (the non-supercharged one), she had a 1994? Pontiac Sunbird convertible. Both good cars. Took the Regal on a trip from northern Illinois all the way to San Antonio Texas for our honeymoon. It developed an unusual electrical problem and was traded soon thereafter.

Traded the Regal for a 2001 VW Jetta. Not a bad car, but it had the boring 2.0L motor.

Traded the Sunbird for a 1991 VW Corrado G60. Always will be one of my favorite cars. Handled like a gocart on steroids. It had 177,000 Miles on the stock supercharger and still ran like a top.

Lost both VW's in the ill fated bankruptcy and saved to buy two clunkers outright:
A 1996 Dodge Neon... HORRIBLE car from the get-go!! Ugly, bad mpg, NO POWER!! was a stupid purchase, but the only thing we could find for $1300.

And a 1985 BMW 535is that I found on a crap-dealer's lot for $1000 and nothing worked in it. Another one of the best cars I have ever driven!! 5MT with an inline 6 and RWD. I miss this car more than any other car I have had...

Sold both POS's and bought a 2002 Kia Sorento minivan and a 2001 PT Cruiser. The van was nice and got great mpg for a V-6. The PT Cruiser was worthless and spent more time in the shop than on the road. Another crap Chrysler product that should have never been bought. (the wife thought it was "pretty"...)

The PT Cruiser THANKFULLY became a Chevy HHR that was nice, but had cheap plastics everywhere and not enough room inside for such a big car. Also, it was REALLY boring to drive. It handled like a submarine...

The Minivan became a 2007 F150. I loved the truck but it had NOTHING in it, not even A\C. It was a work truck that was special ordered with a shortbed and nothing else.

Traded the F150 for a 2010 Nissan Versa to save on gas, made EXACTLY 4 payments on it, then went deer hunting to the tune of a $13,000 repair job. Finally talked the insurance into writing it off and bought my 2007 SX4 with 30,000 Miles on the clock 2 years ago. LOVE LOVE LOVE the car, so...

Traded the wife's HHR in for the MUCH more exciting 2010 Kizashi GTS she now drives. i was so excited to buy it, that I drove 350 miles to Ohio to pick it up on a Friday, then left for a 800 mile trip to Oklahoma the following Tuesday. Still love both cars, and I'm tired of trading, so I think we'll keep them for a bit... ;)
SamirD

I haven't sold any car I've ever bought, so I'm not coming from any other car. :mrgreen: