2014 Ford Fusion SE vs. 2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS

Non-Suzuki related topics. Anything can go here.
KuroNekko

Ronzuki wrote:I had once ordered a Dodge Quad Cab 1500. Turns out, unknown to me, it was made in Saltillo Mexico. I go to pick it up and the bed is on the frame crooked. Saw it as soon as we drove on to the lot, at night mind you. Turned around and left (there was my sign, and me like an idiot bought the POS anyway). Too many cervezas eh Billy? No thanks, NAFTA ain't workin' for me.
I hear you. I've always liked the Fusion, but one put-off for me was that it was made in Mexico. I have nothing against Mexicans or their labor, but I have strong feelings about location of manufacturing and assembly as much as I do about the engineering.
Having lived in Japan, I know firsthand the work ethic and dedication to quality that the Japanese have in everything from customer service to "monozukuri" or manufacturing. Sure, I may be biased, but I do have a preference for Made in Japan Japanese cars for reasons other than just my ethnic background.

For domestics, I want an American car built in the US. Our countrymen need the jobs. The US is up to its neck in outsourcing and I don't care to support it. As domestics get better and better, I look to own one in the future. However, if it's not made in the USA I won't find it that appealing.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)