Paul Walker Passing

Non-Suzuki related topics. Anything can go here.
twoqttsdad

Keep on rolling Paul!
2012 SLS
Azure Grey
FWD CVT
coref1

Yes very sad. Still too many people dying unnecessarily on the worlds roads. Hopefully this incident will make people take more care for even just one day.
murcod

It was ironic how his life ended- given his best known role was in the Fast and Furious series of movies. :(
David
coref1

Maybe there was a bit of his own character in his F & F role.
Woodie

I read that he was in a tuner car which had been described by AutoWeek as "difficult" and "scary".
Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms
Should be a convenience store, not a government agency
murcod

This is interesting:
http://au.ibtimes.com/articles/527290/2 ... family.htm
According to media reports, Paul Walker and his friend Roger Rodas were driving at top speed via the Porsche Carrera GT which led to the horrific car crash. However, contrary to media reports Paul's family believes that Paul and his friend were not driving irresponsibly.
But then this
Eyewitness to the accident has also confirmed in an official statement that Paul and Roger had been driving only for 5 minutes before the tragic accident happened. There was no way they could have increased the speed in such a short period of time.

"Roger lost control of the car. They didn't spin or anything. They went into a tree. They hit four trees and took a big light pole down. The light pole came down and the car bounced off of it. And then they crashed into a tree, that's what eventually stopped the car," said Jim said to Hollywoodlife.com.
I'd hate to think what speed that car could get to in 5 seconds, let alone 5 minutes!? To do that sort of carnage as well, it looked like a built up city area- anyone know the speed limit there?

(I don't want to pass judgment on the driver, but from the evidence you have to wonder what did happen?)

Edit - more info here: http://www.news.com.au/entertainment/ce ... 6775116545
The Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department has said its investigators do not believe Rodas and Walker had been racing another car, though they were speeding on a street with a posted limit of 45mph.
http://www.smh.com.au/lifestyle/celebri ... 2yoh1.html
The website writes that sources connected to Always Evolving - the shop co-owned by Walker and the Porsche driver Roger Rodas (who also died) - told TMZ they saw evidence of a fluid burst and subsequent fluid trail before the skid marks at the accident scene.
David
Wonson92

Apparently (according to 'his teams' post on Facebook) he was driving at a charity event.Theres a video of the crash site before it goes up in flames around that you can see the leaking steering fluid etc. which is mention in a lot of news posts. Im going to guess there was a tonne of speed, lets face it, if you spend $500,000 on a car like that your going to open it up every now and then.

For those of you who don't know, he was in fact a pretty serious enthusiast. He co-owned (or so i've read) a performance shop -www.alwaysevolving.com with the driver. I noticed they've taken down the 'meet the team' section.

This explains it pretty well. http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-m ... z2mVWFHYnC
I was a fan of his work.
2011 Premium Silver XL

Learn. Do. Break. Fix. Explore. Save. Repeat
twoqttsdad

(CNN) -- Breaking news update 1:04 p.m.:

Autopsies have determined the official causes of death for Paul Walker and Roger Rodas. Rodas, the driver of the vehicle, died of multiple traumatic injuries; Walker, the passenger, died of the combined effects of traumatic and thermal injuries, the Los Angeles county coroner's office said Wednesday.

My worst fear. Being trapped and burned to death. I hope they didn't feel much when they went.
2012 SLS
Azure Grey
FWD CVT
murcod

Hopefully they were both unconscious. :(
David
sx4rocious

Paul was, what I consider, a mediocre actor. However, no one thing had more of an effect on the import car hobby as a whole than the F&F franchise, and Paul Walker was a very large portion of that franchise. I feel for his family, and pray for his daughter nightly. I don't believe he was speeding as the photos of the crash site showed an area that would be hard to speed in regardless of the car in question having a 0-60 time of less than 3 seconds. I don't know much of Paul, but I do know he had a responsibility to the hobby he helped inspire, and he took it seriously. He always advocated keeping the race off the streets and on the track where it belongs. I believe, much like the rest of us who spend out hard earned money on improving the performance of our cars, that Paul lived by this creed as a role model to those his character inspired. At least this is my hope...