So you decided to look for a Mitsubishi Evo

Non-Suzuki related topics. Anything can go here.
krell

Open your eyes, look within. Are you satisfied with the life you're living?
KuroNekko

Cool car if you're interested in owning something that will only last a few years before needing another complete engine rebuild like it already received. I'm not talking about Mitsubishi's quality, but all the aftermarket mods.

This car represents what most used Evo are like; Fast, but modded to near death. It won't last long, much like an obsessed bodybuilder using steroids.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
SamirD

What's with the fad of making car for sale posts that are full of liquid testosterone to the point of being obnoxious? I've read this one, one for a jeep, and even one for a Subaru like this. I never considered buying any of them after reading the description.
KuroNekko

SamirD wrote:What's with the fad of making car for sale posts that are full of liquid testosterone to the point of being obnoxious? I've read this one, one for a jeep, and even one for a Subaru like this. I never considered buying any of them after reading the description.
Probably for internet attention among car enthusiasts and trying to get recognized on jalopnik.com. After all, if you are serious about selling a car, you don't fool around on craigslist too much. You go to autotrader. I know that firsthand from selling a few cars.

There was recently a craigslist ad video for a Nissan Maxima that was shot by a filmmaker and got internet attention. It was so impressive that Nissan themselves bought the used car and donated $1000 to a charity of the owner's choice.

[youtube][/youtube]
Moto
Site Admin

It would probably be a quick car for the price, but I'm not sure if the support is going to be available in a few years given how Mitsubishi is doing in North America right now.

The next gen evo is suppose to have a turbo 3 and two electric motors. I'm not totally against something like that, but they will loose any fan boys they already have as the car will be difficult to tune.

The next gen subarus are even sort of doing the same thing. We will see what happens.... The New WRX does not come with an uneven length header for 2015(the part that makes a suabru sound like a subaru)
SamirD

The future of modding is going to change as manufacturers start doing the half-electric half-gasoline powered chassis. Porsche and Acura have both touted it out there on their newest sports cars, and I think a lot of others are going to follow.

Personally, I think the potential for all electric power has been underrated. The Fisker Karma, though rated at only 400hp, has over 900 ft lbs of torque. I'm surprised there aren't more electric drag racing cars. The lack of a transmission, the single most important thing in drag racing (the 'shift'), is eliminated. That and the instant torque should have at least led to some track-side development.

No Subaru sound on a Subaru! That's sacriledge! :o
KuroNekko

SamirD wrote:The future of modding is going to change as manufacturers start doing the half-electric half-gasoline powered chassis. Porsche and Acura have both touted it out there on their newest sports cars, and I think a lot of others are going to follow.

Personally, I think the potential for all electric power has been underrated. The Fisker Karma, though rated at only 400hp, has over 900 ft lbs of torque. I'm surprised there aren't more electric drag racing cars. The lack of a transmission, the single most important thing in drag racing (the 'shift'), is eliminated. That and the instant torque should have at least led to some track-side development.

No Subaru sound on a Subaru! That's sacriledge! :o
Not to mention the cost. I read on Autoblog.com that the estimated cost of running each quarter mile in a Tesla Model S was merely 5 cents... in a car that can do 0 to 60 in 4 seconds.
SamirD

There's actually a model s that I see regularly around here. Seems quite nice. But I think the TCO (total cost of ownership) has to be about the same as a regular car. The operational costs are definitely low, but those batteries aren't cheap (a good lithium ion battery about the size of a car battery is about $2000), so throwing away a car like an iphone will add up over the long run.

Plus, I really don't know how you can get more out of an electric car. Obviously, adding batteries can help, but that also adds weight, which has always been the problem for pure electric cars.
KuroNekko

SamirD wrote:There's actually a model s that I see regularly around here. Seems quite nice. But I think the TCO (total cost of ownership) has to be about the same as a regular car. The operational costs are definitely low, but those batteries aren't cheap (a good lithium ion battery about the size of a car battery is about $2000), so throwing away a car like an iphone will add up over the long run.

Plus, I really don't know how you can get more out of an electric car. Obviously, adding batteries can help, but that also adds weight, which has always been the problem for pure electric cars.
Actually, the battery tray in the Model S can be swapped faster than most comparable cars can get filled up at a pump. Tesla designed it so it can be replaced entirely at certain stations for long distance driving.

Also, the batteries used by Tesla are among the best there are. In fact, an article on Autoblog stated that the batteries in their first car, the Roadster, was lasting longer than even what Tesla projected. Even after 100,000 miles, most of their cars had around 80 to 85% of their original charge capacity even in hot weather climates.

Tesla is really way ahead of the curve. They think things out thoroughly and this is why I'm a huge fan. I was skeptical at first, but the more I read about their cars and technology and talked to owners, the more they won me over.

Really, the days of ICE (Internal Combustion Engines) are numbered. Fuel cells and hydrogen are not really viable and those involved in them have been futzing around with unimpressive prototypes for decades (ahem, Honda and Toyota). Electric motors are really the future.

Also, I'd never compare a car to a phone. Phones are rather disposable mainly because the technology changes drastically rather rapidly. Features and capability evolve constantly. As for cars, not so much. They get better over the years, but not to the point of making old ones obsolete.

Let's not forget Apple deliberately designs their iPhones so people go and buy new ones after they break the screen or it gets a few years old. They deliberately designed it so the battery could not be replaced easily. They want people to buy new ones constantly so they make their billions from their sheeple.

Obviously, EVs are different, especially Tesla. They are the vanguard in convincing the world that EVs are the future.

[youtube][/youtube]

Here's the article on the battery life:
http://green.autoblog.com/2013/07/15/ro ... -predicts/
SamirD

KuroNekko wrote:Actually, the battery tray in the Model S can be swapped faster than most comparable cars can get filled up at a pump. Tesla designed it so it can be replaced entirely at certain stations for long distance driving.

Also, the batteries used by Tesla are among the best there are. In fact, an article on Autoblog stated that the batteries in their first car, the Roadster, was lasting longer than even what Tesla projected. Even after 100,000 miles, most of their cars had around 80 to 85% of their original charge capacity even in hot weather climates.

Tesla is really way ahead of the curve. They think things out thoroughly and this is why I'm a huge fan. I was skeptical at first, but the more I read about their cars and technology and talked to owners, the more they won me over.

Really, the days of ICE (Internal Combustion Engines) are numbered. Fuel cells and hydrogen are not really viable and those involved in them have been futzing around with unimpressive prototypes for decades (ahem, Honda and Toyota). Electric motors are really the future.

Also, I'd never compare a car to a phone. Phones are rather disposable mainly because the technology changes drastically rather rapidly. Features and capability evolve constantly. As for cars, not so much. They get better over the years, but not to the point of making old ones obsolete.

Let's not forget Apple deliberately designs their iPhones so people go and buy new ones after they break the screen or it gets a few years old. They deliberately designed it so the battery could not be replaced easily. They want people to buy new ones constantly so they make their billions from their sheeple.

Obviously, EVs are different, especially Tesla. They are the vanguard in convincing the world that EVs are the future.

[youtube][/youtube]

Here's the article on the battery life:
http://green.autoblog.com/2013/07/15/ro ... -predicts/
My brother and I somehow ended up on the topic of Tesla and he showed me the same video. :lol: Definitely a step in the right direction. Because if the only thing that's major in the cars that 'dies' is the battery, and changing the battery is this simple (or rather the car could even come sans battery, and you simply have a battery 'subscription' service for however often you need a full battery), then you've created a step towards a long-life electric vehicle. That's been the beauty of well-built combustion engine cars--they can last a long time. Electrics still haven't been proven in that regard. I rarely see any first generation Priuses driving around.

I'm still leaning towards a hybrid gas-electric as paving the way before full-out electric vehicles become the norm. You still can't take a coast-to-coast trip off the beaten path in an electric. And after doing a drive like that exploring Route 66, I would never attempt it using today's evs with their serious range and recharge limitations. I really hate that the Fisker got such a bad rap. It is a fantastic car that embodies a lot of what we love about cars and electric cars.

As far as not comparing a car to a phone--tell that to my wife. :lol: There are many who don't share our passion for cars as being more than just another appliance in life.