Thinking about getting a new car. What to get...

Non-Suzuki related topics. Anything can go here.
murcod

I can't say I've seen the new face lifted version around here. Are they DRL's in the headlights? (The white opaque coloured U shaped sections lying sideways.)
David
KuroNekko

murcod wrote:I can't say I've seen the new face lifted version around here. Are they DRL's in the headlights? (The white opaque coloured U shaped sections lying sideways.)
Yup.

2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
Moto
Site Admin

Didn't even know they were day time running lights yet.

I haven't really looked at the car a lot because it is so freaking cold out. Later in the week it will get warmer.

Hood scoop is gone on everything other than the wrx and STI...

I was thinking about taking the XT off the back just for fun, but I will probably leave it on there.
It's kind of fun to have a sleeper.
sx4rocious

wasn't even aware the did a facelift!! beautiful car!
KuroNekko

sx4rocious wrote:wasn't even aware the did a facelift!! beautiful car!
Agreed. The new Forester looks good. I actually really like the design. It's impressive given Subaru is notorious these days for hideous designs. Their new WRX looks better, but still not that great.
I wonder if they can make the next Legacy anything close to the insanely attractive concept wagon they showed.
Given Subaru's M.O., probably not.

2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
Moto
Site Admin

I'm not really a fan of the new WRX, but that legacy concept is nice.
They really shouldn't have killed the hatch.

Snow tires are now on the forester. It will be a beast. I might get a set of chains as well, but I will probably hold off until next winter. Winter will be about over in a month in western ND. It will probably last nearly a month longer on the eastern side of the state the way the long term weather pattern has been holding.
sx4rocious

yeah we have had some of the coldest temps on record here. I think it's been above freezing as a high maybe two days out of the last two months. It's been below zero as an ambient temp more days than it's been above freezing. I've had to put a few pounds of air in my tires several times as the air temp seems to affect them for some reason...
Moto
Site Admin

Tires and valve steams leak more in the winter.

Be careful where you get your air when it is really cold. Some places have a lot of moister in the air they provide and it will cause the valve steam to leak.

Topic Switch:
I may have a buyer for the saabau...:D A car guy stopped in tonight and took it for a test drive. Luckily he had owned a few subarus, and he seemed to like owning rare turbo cars. From what I could tell he knew how to turn a wrench so I think it would have a good home if he wants it.

Other than that I have mostly received shady calls from people that I have hung up on. There are a lot of bottom feeders in the world.

Pictures of Blue if you're really bored. http://photography.geothunder.com/?p=454
sx4rocious

she's a good looking car! hope you find a buyer soon!!
murcod

Moto wrote:
Other than that I have mostly received shady calls from people that I have hung up on. There are a lot of bottom feeders in the world.
Yes, be careful. The below story was on TV here tonight- a guys life has been destroyed after letting some low life test drive his WRX STi. You have to watch it to believe it! :shock:
http://aca.ninemsn.com.au/article/87917 ... ive-driver
David