Thinking about getting a new car. What to get...

Non-Suzuki related topics. Anything can go here.
SamirD

This sucks. :( But it could be the Aero sneaking out from under the tarp and sabotaging the Forrester! :lol: Sometimes, cars are just meant to be kept. 8-)

I hope they figure this issue out and clean up that mess. I wonder if they dealer transfer had something to do with it if there's a break-in period. The transfer drivers never pay any attention to any of that stuff. :roll:
Moto
Site Admin

super bored?
you can go see how I did it here http://projects.geothunder.com/
KuroNekko

Nice set up. I think it's a good thing to have these LED light bars mounted in or behind the bumper/grill to prevent theft like what happened to Wonson92's light bar.
I don't need one for my Kizashi given my urban/suburban driving conditions, but if I was to get one, I'd probably mount it behind the grill like the LED light bars on unmarked police cars. The grill may block some LED light output, but at least it won't get easily stolen.

It's nice that the Forester has a near perfect space between the bumper and the grill to mount a low-profile LED bar.
Post some on-the-road pics when you have a chance.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
bootymac

Looks like it has teeth :D
Moto
Site Admin

I hadn't really thought of it from a theft standpoint, but given the price of most LED bars I could see people going for them.

mine cost less than most people install on regular fog lamps. 8-)
Wonson92

KuroNekko wrote:Nice set up. I think it's a good thing to have these LED light bars mounted in or behind the bumper/grill to prevent theft like what happened to Wonson92's light bar.
I feel I should note that mine was mounted behind the grille, also attached to the grille rear of the grille with plastic plates I made :lol: Evidently I overlooked somebody just kicking in the grille and stealing it :roll:

2011 Premium Silver XL

Learn. Do. Break. Fix. Explore. Save. Repeat
SamirD

At some point, we're probably not going to need headlight assemblies and LEDs will just be a part of the car. 8-) Why they're not already is a bit beyond me...

Thieves suck. They kick in your grille--you kick in their face. Sounds fair to me?
Moto
Site Admin

Quick update. Probably going to hit 13k miles this week. No real problems since the original oil incident.

The paint is a little thin so I managed to scrape some off just above each headlight cleaning the bugs off my lights. Back Story: I ended up driving through a fish fly swarm and had about an inch worth of dead bugs caked on my car. From what I could tell I was the only one out of the group of cars that managed to keep driving. I ended up having all my lights on in order to see just a few feet and I went through 3 gallons of windshield washer spray. (Good thing I'm a freak an carry extra)