Thinking about getting a new car. What to get...

Non-Suzuki related topics. Anything can go here.
murcod

sx4rocious wrote:yeah we have had some of the coldest temps on record here.
We've stolen all your heat! We've had a record run of days over 40 degrees C, we hit a "peak" of 44 last week. The Kizashi air con copes really well (luckily).
David
KuroNekko

The new Legacy is debuting soon in Chicago. It's going to be the production model of the concept below that they showcased in Los Angeles.
Eager to see how much of the design they carried over.

2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
bootymac

Hopefully it's not as fat and bloated as the current one. This Legacy was the best IMO:

Moto
Site Admin

murcod wrote: Yes, be careful. The below story was on TV here tonight- a guys life has been destroyed after letting some low life test drive his WRX STi. You have to watch it to believe it! :shock:
http://aca.ninemsn.com.au/article/87917 ... ive-driver
Wow... I'll try to avoid something like that. I probably wouldn't let someone like they drive my car, and I sit shotgun.... They try anything retarded I'll yank it out of gear and they are walking home. Luckily the snow is so deep here right now you would really have to work to find a solid object to hit. Even if you flipped it into a ditch you wouldn't hit very hard because the ditches are 4 ft of packed snow.

If any high school kids show up I think they get a ride rather than drive.

The first guy I had test drive it yesterday was great (age 25). If he comes up with the cash it is his. He's owned three or four subaurs and seemed fairly happy about my rather long winded ad. The ad has been well received among enthusiasts, and I haven't been bugged much by people who know nothing of subarus which is OK by me. I'm not in a huge hurry to sell the thing. I have banked enough cash that I will be fine for months. I leave for training next week so I probably won't have much of a lag in pay checks. My old employer has a major lag in pay checks so I will have two more coming, and then I had a few hours of unused vacation so maybe one full paycheck and two smaller paychecks .

Craigslist.... ugh...
I've had a few shady calls trying to get me to ship the car. I really wonder how often people are stupid enough to do it... It has to work once in awhile or they wouldn't do it.
KuroNekko

Yeah, you need patience and a high tolerance for bullshit when selling on craigslist, especially a car. You get a lot of flakes and frauds.
I almost gave up and paid for autotrader (they went up in prices quite a bit!) but that is just when a girl contacted me about my craigslist post for my old Mazda.
She then drove all the way from Pennsylvania for the car and bought it that day.

The problem with craigslist is that a lot of people are on there to try make a buck or just browsing around without seriously trying to purchase something. They are a total waste of everyone's time.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
sx4rocious

murcod wrote:
We've stolen all your heat! We've had a record run of days over 40 degrees C, we hit a "peak" of 44 last week. The Kizashi air con copes really well (luckily).
we had that about 2 summers ago. This winter we have had temps as low as -12 F (-24C) with wind chills as low as -45F (-42C) for several days. My water pipes all froze and there were outside animals freezing to death all around. It was very sad.
SamirD

Moto wrote:Few Pics
Forester XT touring with eyesight.
Interesting that you got the eyesight. What do you think of it?
Moto wrote:Tires and valve steams leak more in the winter.

Be careful where you get your air when it is really cold. Some places have a lot of moister in the air they provide and it will cause the valve steam to leak.

Pictures of Blue if you're really bored. http://photography.geothunder.com/?p=454
Great tip on the water in the air. I've always let a pump expel into the air knowing that the water shouldn't be in the tire, but I never thought about what would happen to that water once the cold got to it. :o

Blue looks awesome! So why did you go with the xice3s vs the Altimax Arctics like on Blue?
SamirD

murcod wrote:
So that's where it all went...:lol:
SamirD

sx4rocious wrote:My water pipes all froze and there were outside animals freezing to death all around.
SamirD

bootymac wrote:Hopefully it's not as fat and bloated as the current one. This Legacy was the best IMO:

That's what I thought about it from the outside until I drove it. I also drove that spec b as my friend's wife had one.

While the new one doesn't have the power, it made up for it with a little more width inside and the same great handling. 8-)

If it wasn't for the Kizashi, that was the car I would've picked up. Those older subies are awesome. 8-)