What do you do for a living?

Non-Suzuki related topics. Anything can go here.
sx4rocious

you're job sounds WAY cooler than mine... LOL
Moto
Site Admin

Research Scientist(geologist) for two more weeks then --> Wellsite Geologist (Should be starting around the end of the month assuming all goes well)

On paper I'm going to take a downgrade, but we'll see what it does for me long term. My current gig was going nowhere.
sx4rocious

I'd never met a geologist until joining the SX4 forum. It's really interesting to me that I now know 3... There must be something to geologists liking Suzukis I guess!!
SamirD

sx4rocious wrote:There must be something to geologists liking Suzukis I guess!!
My theory is that Suzuki's are for people who are 'down to Earth', hence geologists. :lol:

It's always interesting to see how certain cars or marques have certain people attracted to them--a lot of Audi owners I know are programmers, very talented in the visual arts (photography, graphics design). Corvette owners are typically American businessmen, Camaro owners are their employees. :lol: Subaru owners are like the Audi owners, except not stuck up. etc. etc.
sx4rocious

SamirD wrote:It's always interesting to see how certain cars or marques have certain people attracted to them--a lot of Audi owners I know are programmers, very talented in the visual arts (photography, graphics design). Corvette owners are typically American businessmen, Camaro owners are their employees. :lol: Subaru owners are like the Audi owners, except not stuck up. etc. etc.
You know, Now that you mention it, my dad is a tractor mechanic. The guy that owns the place has an old Vette (I believe) my dad has a 2012 Camaro!! LOL My wife's grandpa owns a HUGE trucking company and also a collection of Corvettes. Something like 10 or so of them, one of which is a 1969 (?) Stingray with 38 actual miles on it!!

I have a programmer buddy that loves his old Audi's. I have an app developer buddy that drives nothing but Toyota's, but he's also half Japanese :lol:. Almost everyone I work with in the Corrections game drives an American made truck or a Harley. It's kinda wierd to see who drives what nowadays...
SamirD

Wow! I didn't think that my observations worked outside of HSV!

It would be interesting to have a survey done of car enthusiasts worldwide and see how their interests relate to their choice of car. I'm sure marketing departments already have this info from some sources, but it would be neat to know it from an enthusiast perspective. 8-)