2014 Washington DC Auto Show starts today

Non-Suzuki related topics. Anything can go here.
KuroNekko

sx4rocious wrote: Were you surprised with the Versa Note? I know I keep bringing this car up, but I have to say, I really think it's one of the best cars out there in that price point and category. I still haven't driven one though...
Well, the last two generations were not highly regarded, especially the last one. Many panned it and some even said the first was better than the second gen. This new one looks like they borrowed heavily from the JDM as the Note is the name used in Japan long before it came out to the USDM.

I was impressed with how roomy and comfortable the car was. The rear seats were actually comfortable and not an afterthought like many other cars of this class. The rear seats in the Kia Soul were not even as comfortable.
However, the car is still inferior to something like the Kizashi in every way but fuel economy. This was my point in saying it would be hard to go from a car like the Kizashi to something like the Versa. Had Suzuki brought their Swift, it would have been among the best in the class. The Suzuki Swift is critically acclaimed in the markets it's sold in. I personally believe that if Suzuki had brought their Swift and Swift Sport circa 2008, they would still be around in North America. Instead, they brought the Kizashi in 2009 and while it was a good car, it was a heavily disadvantaged car in one of the most populated and competitive segments.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
sx4rocious

KuroNekko wrote:Well, the last two generations were not highly regarded, especially the last one. Many panned it and some even said the first was better than the second gen. This new one looks like they borrowed heavily from the JDM as the Note is the name used in Japan long before it came out to the USDM.

I was impressed with how roomy and comfortable the car was. The rear seats were actually comfortable and not an afterthought like many other cars of this class. The rear seats in the Kia Soul were not even as comfortable.
However, the car is still inferior to something like the Kizashi in every way but fuel economy. This was my point in saying it would be hard to go from a car like the Kizashi to something like the Versa. Had Suzuki brought their Swift, it would have been among the best in the class. The Suzuki Swift is critically acclaimed in the markets it's sold in. I personally believe that if Suzuki had brought their Swift and Swift Sport circa 2008, they would still be around in North America. Instead, they brought the Kizashi in 2009 and while it was a good car, it was a heavily disadvantaged car in one of the most populated and competitive segments.
I agree. The Versa I had was a Gen 1 wagon. I wouldn't even have considered the Gen 2 sedan as I though it was rahter boringly styled and honestly, I was glad to see they didn't try to ruin the wagon by styling it match. I do like the new Note though, but I don't try to compare it to the Kizashi either. It doesn't fit in that category.

I would KILL for a Swift Sport. I would already have parked one in my driveway for sure if they would have brought it over. I know for a fact that at least 65% of every member of the SX4 club would have bought a Swift Sport instead of a SX4 if that were an option.
KuroNekko

Last week, I went to the 2017 Washington Auto Show. Per usual, they had many cars that are currently sold, but some upcoming models.
It was the first time I got to see the all-new Acura NSX and Lexus LC 500h in person. Both looked more impressive than in photos, especially the NSX. So here are some photos...
:lol:
IMG_3468[1].JPG
IMG_3468[1].JPG (255.29 KiB) Viewed 5474 times
IMG_3469[1].JPG
IMG_3469[1].JPG (217.69 KiB) Viewed 5474 times
IMG_3475[1].JPG
IMG_3475[1].JPG (262.93 KiB) Viewed 5474 times
IMG_3477.JPG
IMG_3477.JPG (263.82 KiB) Viewed 5474 times
IMG_3478.JPG
IMG_3478.JPG (242.39 KiB) Viewed 5474 times
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
SamirD

Very nice to see the NSX back. :)