2015 Subaru Legacy leaked

Non-Suzuki related topics. Anything can go here.
KuroNekko

http://jalopnik.com/2015-subaru-legacy- ... 1515654459

In typical Subaru fashion, they offer us a very dulled version of the amazing concept car.
However, most seem to agree it's better than the current Legacy.
The front reminds me of a Ford Taurus. The rear is not very true to the concept. Bummer.

You can see the photos of the concept here:
http://www.kizashiclub.com/forum/viewto ... 6&start=80
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
bootymac

I die a little bit inside whenever Subaru releases a new design. I get Ford vibes from the front as well. Call me crazy but actually prefer the old design:

I just recovered from the atrocity that is the new Impreza:

KuroNekko

Honestly, with the Impreza, I think the wagon looks so much better than the sedan. The sedan is hideous. The wagon is actually kind of cool to me. Odd, I know.
Moto
Site Admin

:facepalm:
I bet the mean one may have sold better.
sx4rocious

Exterior: 7 out of 10

"Decent but not flashy. Give or take it really. Easily lost in the crowd." says EVERYONE!!

Interior: 9 out of 10!! Love it! very high tech looking. Lots of different color treatments and fabric options without being gawdy and "high fashion". I think this appears to be the best Subaru interior yet and a huge win for the company. I'd love to see one in person!!
KuroNekko

It's now officially released.

No longer available other than CVT.

http://www.autoblog.com/2014/02/06/2015 ... cago-2014/
bootymac

Looking forward to the reviews. I'm interested in how this will pan out
KuroNekko

bootymac wrote:Looking forward to the reviews. I'm interested in how this will pan out
Same. I'm sure it will be a solid AWD car as it has always been however, this new Legacy could be the most important Legacy yet. The reason why is that Subaru has grown in popularity quite a bit in the US in the last few years. They had their best US sales year ever in 2013. I believe their halo models are the Impreza, Outback, and the Forester. However, now that people are finally considering Subarus as alternatives to Hondas, Toyota, Fords, etc., the Legacy is under the spotlight.

Given the engines are carry-overs, I think it will be a solid car. The Legacy has used CVTs as the auto since the last generation. While I personally think the car will be fine and wish it well, I will no longer consider it if something was to ever take my Kizashi from me. The new WRX is all I'm interested in (well, the BRZ is awesome too).
SamirD

We looked at this most recent generation of Legacy before we found the Kizashi. While it looks like every other car on the road, it still drives like a Subaru, which was great. The cvt was nice in the car we almost bought, on par or slightly better feeling than the Kizashi (probably because the Legacy has more power). I think it will do quite well.

I just hope Subaru doesn't lose their touch with their fan base as they grow. If they do, they may eventually turn into a Honda/Toyota car producer and lose the 'edge' that makes their products special.
KuroNekko

SamirD wrote:We looked at this most recent generation of Legacy before we found the Kizashi. While it looks like every other car on the road, it still drives like a Subaru, which was great. The cvt was nice in the car we almost bought, on par or slightly better feeling than the Kizashi (probably because the Legacy has more power). I think it will do quite well.

I just hope Subaru doesn't lose their touch with their fan base as they grow. If they do, they may eventually turn into a Honda/Toyota car producer and lose the 'edge' that makes their products special.
Actually, the Legacy makes less power than the Kizashi unless you were looking at the H6. The Legacy with the 2.5 is rated at 170 HP while the Kizashi with the 2.4 is rated at 180 HP with the CVT.

I simply think the Legacy has a better CVT because their transmission builder is more reputable than JATCO. Same goes for Toyota and Honda CVTs. In fact, Subaru may now use Toyota's CVT supplier: Aisin.