Why Do You Visit?

Non-Suzuki related topics. Anything can go here.
SamirD

Some of us are here more often than others, so I was curious as to what brings you to the site?

For me, it's my only break from work. Plus, I run into questions on the car time to time.

What brings you back again and again?
coref1

To find out information and issues regarding my Kizashi.
KuroNekko

To moderate (I barely have to given there is little spam and members here aren't immature D-bags), but more to talk about the Kizashi, Suzuki, and cars in general. I like to share knowledge and experiences and also learn from others.

Very few of my friends and family are as car crazy as me. Of them, I'm the guy who's wrenching the most. Many people ask me where I learned it given no one close to me is a gearhead and I never took an auto-mechanics course in high school (I wanted to, but had to focus on college-prep courses. :roll: ). I tell them it's mostly self-taught, but it's much easier these days thanks to the internet car communities such as member forums.
This is the main reason I'm rather obsessive about tutorials and reviews. I always enjoyed reading them for the other cars I've owned in their respective forums. However, I wasn't really active in any of them.

Given the Kizashi is a rare car with few owners, I decided to make logging on a regular thing and one day, I logged on and saw that I was mod. 8-)

It's fun to talk to other owners daily given I typically go months at a time before seeing another Kizashi even including Woodie's who lives mere blocks from me. I wonder if he's ever seen my black '11 GTS.

It's a good crowd here and there's always something to talk about.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
Woodie

No, I haven't. See them around from time to time, but never a black one in the neighborhood.

I do this every morning before work, it's just my morning thing.
Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms
Should be a convenience store, not a government agency
Ronzuki

To learn and obtain information about the car and share what I know about the car and mechanics in general. It's also a distraction for me at work when things are slow (I tend to be on here much more then). There are also other interesting topics, not auto related, shared now and then that I enjoy.

Yep, a decent and diverse crowd here for sure.
Ron

2010 Kizashi GTS, CVT, iAWD (3/10 build date)
2011 SX4 Premium Hatch, CVT, iAWD (12/10 build date)
2018 Mazda CX-5 iAWD Touring
2014 Wrangler JKUW (GONE, traded :D :D )
1991 Samurai, 5-Speed, EFI, Soft-Top ( :| sold)
bootymac

Community plays a big role for an enthusiast. Ours is small enough as it is so I try to contribute in positive ways whenever I can. Despite our small numbers, we've already established a wealth of information and resources

Huge thanks to those that keep these forums running for the few of us
honsonwong

I am learning and understand more about my Kizashi from the site.
Moto
Site Admin

I would like to thank all of you for making this site successful and healthy.

Of the sites I run, this is the one I check as often as possible. The demographic of people who own this car is truly great. I almost never have to intervene in any way. As this forum matures I expect some of you will become friends who interact in person. I have seen it on the saab 92x forum. As the kizashi ages I expect some of our more mechanical members may be working for beer in the future.

I believe this is probably one of the few car forums started in recent years that has no backing by a company, and I do not intend to ever sell the site. If I ever get tired of it I will make sure that the members have an opportunity make it live on.
KuroNekko

Moto wrote:I would like to thank all of you for making this site successful and healthy.

Of the sites I run, this is the one I check as often as possible. The demographic of people who own this car is truly great. I almost never have to intervene in any way. As this forum matures I expect some of you will become friends who interact in person. I have seen it on the saab 92x forum. As the kizashi ages I expect some of our more mechanical members may be working for beer in the future.

I believe this is probably one of the few car forums started in recent years that has no backing by a company, and I do not intend to ever sell the site. If I ever get tired of it I will make sure that the members have an opportunity make it live on.
No, thank you for starting this site and keeping it going. I feel that it's all I've got for the Kizashi given Suzuki said "sayonara" and most dealers quickly moved on to other brands. We're in a unique situation given the car is rare and the brand is no longer in the markets in which many of the members here hail from.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
Wonson92

I dont often contribute but I visit pretty much every single day just to browse. For a car with pretty much no aftermarket support I love to see what people get up to by themselves. A lot of the regulars on here seem to have a more than average knowledge of cars which is great.
2011 Premium Silver XL

Learn. Do. Break. Fix. Explore. Save. Repeat