Nokian All Weather Tyres

Non-Suzuki related topics. Anything can go here.
IshaanIan

http://www.imotortimes.com/nokian-winte ... ideo-24951

I came across this and thought it might be useful for those of you living in America considering the kind of climate conditions you have had to face recently. Sound really interesting and it's from a company that we knew about but I'm sure no one bothered with their products. :)
KuroNekko

These would be more expensive than they're worth. I read about them on other sites. They feature button-activated spikes that extend and retract.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
~tc~

That is badass! Studs are a pain in the ass when you don't need them, but when you do ...
2011 Sport SLS with nav Black Pearl Metallic
SamirD

I actually read a lot about the tires these are based on. They were more expensive than the General Altimax Arctics, but had similarly good reviews in Europe.

Having the ability to turn on studs when we need it would be just plain awesome! Since studs are only allowed during limited times in the states, it would be great to just deploy them when needed.

I actually thought of a silly idea like this that would stop a sliding car--a lever you pull to drop the car (or a major part of the chassis) straight onto the ground, hence creating a massive area for grip. This could keep cars from sliding into each other.
~tc~

SamirD wrote: I actually thought of a silly idea like this that would stop a sliding car--a lever you pull to drop the car (or a major part of the chassis) straight onto the ground, hence creating a massive area for grip. This could keep cars from sliding into each other.
That wouldn't work with ice - would be worse actually. You need pressure - distributing the weight over LESS area, not more, so that it will penetrate the ice.

The last couple seconds of the video with the studs leaving grooves in the ice was cool!
2011 Sport SLS with nav Black Pearl Metallic
SamirD

~tc~ wrote:That wouldn't work with ice - would be worse actually. You need pressure - distributing the weight over LESS area, not more, so that it will penetrate the ice.
Ah yes! Thank you for pointing this out! :oops: Back to the drawing board...