THINKING OF TRADING MY 2012 SLS WITH NAVI

Non-Suzuki related topics. Anything can go here.
jono

Last week my wife purchased a 2011 Lexus IS250C an it is beautiful so now I want a IS250 sedan with navi. Even tho I love my Kizashi and in the 2 years I owned it I didn't get one iota worth of problems but the Lexus is awfully sharp.
Should I pull the trigger on a 2012 with 18k miles and all the goodies. What do you all think.( I know I'm in a kizashi forum but what the hell!)
bootymac

How much does the Lexus cost? How much will you get for trade in? What's the cost of ownership like with the Lexus? I'd get some numbers down first and see if it's worthwhile
KuroNekko

I actually really like the IS and have always liked them since seeing the Altezza in Japan. That being said, I wouldn't depart from the Kizashi for a IS250. Only go for a 350.
The IS250 is cheaper, but still more expensive than the Kizashi by quite a bit. It's only got a smudge over 200 HP and gets around the same MPG as the Kizashi. The Lexus may have more refinement and prestige, but is it really worth the several thousands more than the Kizashi? In addition to that, you own a SLS with Navi. Your Kizashi is topped out.
I simply don't seem much of an incentive unless the price was really good, Kizashi trade-in was good, and you planned to keep the Lexus a very long time to where its industry-leading reliability and dealer network are advantages.

Simply put, I wouldn't leave the Kizashi for an IS250. I'd only leave it for the IS350 and since those don't come in a manual, might as well get the IS350 AWD. (The IS250 is offered in manual RWD).

Also, didn't your wife get the convertible? So aren't you going to be driving it quite a lot? You really want to be matchy-matchy and have the same car?
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
SamirD

KuroNekko wrote:You really want to be matchy-matchy and have the same car?
LOL!!!! Sounds like a line straight out of one of the conversations between me and the wife! :lol: :lol: :lol: