Target Practice

Non-Suzuki related topics. Anything can go here.
twoqttsdad

Driving home from work a couple days ago with the roof open, windows down and sounds pumping.

I hear a loud sound like a large pebble had been kicked up by a truck in front of me and it had hit my car.

Nothing in front of me and the sound came from the passengers side. Got home and looked the car over.

Looks like I was target practice for some kids with a BB gun. Ding in the door. Arrrggghhhh! :evil:
2012 SLS
Azure Grey
FWD CVT
SamirD

I'd drive by that spot and see if they do it again, and this time have a video camera on. Then I'd confront the owners/attackers and get their identification. Then it's small claims court time. You'll win easily with all your evidence. :D
KuroNekko

Are you sure it was a BB? Were there no cars around that could have kicked up debris that could have damaged your car?
I want to see the dent given I used to shoot BB guns quite a lot when I was young and have an idea of the kind of damage it does to metal (no, I was not a little &%$* that shot at people's cars).
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
twoqttsdad

I was in the clear with no one around. I'll try to post a pic on here. It's next to my passenger rear door handle. I was traveling about 55mph when I heard something hit my car. There's a cmu wall about 30 yards away where I suspect the brats shot from. No sense in pursuing it tho. Burden of proof falls on me if I didn't catch them in the act. No further incidents since then. Been looking in that direction every time I pass by.
2012 SLS
Azure Grey
FWD CVT
twoqttsdad

No luck getting a good pic. Maybe I'm going blind but the ding seems less noticeable now. Can't see as much of that distortion from the dimple when you look at from the side. Self healing car!
2012 SLS
Azure Grey
FWD CVT
SamirD

twoqttsdad wrote:Self healing car!
That would be quite awesome. :lol:

I'm glad it's gotten less noticeable. Little things like this drive me nuts sometimes. I don't look at the rear exhaust finishers anymore because of the scrape on the passenger side one... :cry:
LPSISRL

twoqttsdad wrote:. Self healing car!
Is the car red and named "Christine"? :lol:
2011 Kizashi SLS CVT (silver)
2005 Honda Odyssey
Priors:
2009 Suzuki SX4 Cross AWD 5-speed Tech package (vapor metallic blue)
twoqttsdad

Is the car red and named "Christine"?
I'll use that for an excuse for my driving! :lol:
2012 SLS
Azure Grey
FWD CVT
SamirD

LPSISRL wrote:
Good one! I love that movie even though its a bit deranged. But the passion he has for Christine--I think we all share that for our cars. 8-)
LPSISRL

SamirD wrote:
LPSISRL wrote:
Good one! I love that movie even though its a bit deranged. But the passion he has for Christine--I think we all share that for our cars. 8-)
I love that movie too although I've only see it once. I love old cars. My Dad had the same Plymouth only white. Holes in the floorboards. You could see the road going by through them. I love watching "American Grafitti" to see all the old cars. And I love Milner's Deuce Coupe.
2011 Kizashi SLS CVT (silver)
2005 Honda Odyssey
Priors:
2009 Suzuki SX4 Cross AWD 5-speed Tech package (vapor metallic blue)