Toyota Recalling 516,000 Vehicles for Corrosion, Brakes.

Non-Suzuki related topics. Anything can go here.
krell

Open your eyes, look within. Are you satisfied with the life you're living?
KuroNekko

Recalls are just the new standard operating process for automakers these days.
Everyone's doing it.

Heck, I'd be happy if Suzuki recalled the Kizashi for the poor paint! They ought to recall for the faulty rear bump stoppers too. However, they can probably care less given they no longer sell vehicles in North America so there is no reputation at stake here.

The redeeming thing is that these Kizashi issues don't really affect safety too much. The recalls from other makers are based on issues causing deaths. I'd rather take my Kizashi and its minor problems any day.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
~tc~

Only have to recall if it's a safety issue.
2011 Sport SLS with nav Black Pearl Metallic
twoqttsdad

Used to be a Toyota loyalist. Not the same build quality as before. Always about making money versus build quality.
2012 SLS
Azure Grey
FWD CVT
SamirD

twoqttsdad wrote:Not the same build quality as before. Always about making money versus build quality.
This could be said about all of the big 3 Japanese makers here in the USA--Honda, Toyota, and Nissan.

My 94 Accord was more reliable than my friend's 98, and at 200k+ it still is solid with normal minor maintenance. The materials and build quality even feels better than the current models.

My 95 Altimas are at 150k+ and are the same. The materials and build quality even feels better than the current models.

I regularly see 94 Camrys that look immaculate or are beat to hell and back and still running. Those are the Camrys that gave Toyota their legacy of quality, not the modern ones.
Ronzuki

Let's face it, unless your extremely well off enough to purchase high end luxury/sport and can afford to trade-in every couple years, we're stuck with less than stellar build quality with any mass produced vehicle brand (or anything else for that matter) in the throw-away world we now live in.

This alone is what make a Kizashi a very unique car in my opinion. High end build quality, for the most part, at an average/below average price point (at least my 2010 GTS was).
Ron

2010 Kizashi GTS, CVT, iAWD (3/10 build date)
2011 SX4 Premium Hatch, CVT, iAWD (12/10 build date)
2018 Mazda CX-5 iAWD Touring
2014 Wrangler JKUW (GONE, traded :D :D )
1991 Samurai, 5-Speed, EFI, Soft-Top ( :| sold)