Dash cameras

Non-Suzuki related topics. Anything can go here.
Triggerhappy

bootymac wrote:
KuroNekko wrote:Nearly got T-boned at an intersection yesterday on my way home in Washington, DC by a vehicle running a red light.
This is why I have a dash camera.

Holy shit!

You actually convinced me to buy a dashcam and I'm very glad I did. It (A118C) has already captured many close calls and I feel better "protected" with the camera. Highly recommended for those that don't have it already. Cheap insurance for $100!
Did you get it from the US? It's available from China for less than $50 but shipping is long. I bought mine from gearbest.
152k miles - niece drives it now
2017 Prius Prime - about 65 mpg factoring in electricity cost
2018 Pacifica Hybrid - wife's
KuroNekko

Triggerhappy wrote: Did you get it from the US? It's available from China for less than $50 but shipping is long. I bought mine from gearbest.
I'm taking you asked Bootymac about his and not my unit but I got mine on sale at newegg.com so it arrived quickly. Gearbest is a great site for gadgets and I've ordered a number of things from them before (2 packages are on their way now) but items shipped from their Chinese or European warehouses literally takes weeks. However, an extractor set I bought from them came in a matter of days from a US warehouse. If the item is available in multiple warehouses, they allow you to select which one to ship from. That being said, the vast majority of their merchandise is in China.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
KuroNekko

Sorry it took a while, but I finally got this video uploaded.
The incident occurred back in November of 2019 on a Southern California freeway. The driver was injured in the crash though the passenger was merely scratched. I called 911 and stayed on scene for the California Highway Patrol to provide them the footage because it captured everything. I also provided my contact info to the occupants in the crashed car who have since contacted me and were provided with a longer clip of this footage.

KuroNekko

Four days prior to the freeway flipper, I captured an intersection interception.
No injuries. Both cars drove off the scene after police responded within half a minute.

KuroNekko

4th Generation Suzuki Swift captured in Orange County, California. It was likely a car from Mexico, where Suzuki is still in business and sells the Swift. Very cool to a see a new Suzuki in the USA.