Dash cameras

Non-Suzuki related topics. Anything can go here.
krell

Here is a clip from my dash cam few weeks ago......https://www.dropbox.com/s/rlaavuqcvupharr/VICO1649.MOV
Open your eyes, look within. Are you satisfied with the life you're living?
murcod

krell wrote:Here is a clip from my dash cam few weeks ago......https://www.dropbox.com/s/rlaavuqcvupharr/VICO1649.MOV
Krell, is that that the raw footage (as it comes out the camera) or is that lower quality?

Here's what happened to my wife a few months back - it's in a 90km/h zone. You might not want the volume up if colourful language offends. :oops:

Youtube destroys the video quality, even on HD.

Here's some footage from the rear camera in the Kizashi:

David
krell

Raw footage.. dropbox also destroy the quality
Open your eyes, look within. Are you satisfied with the life you're living?
KuroNekko

murcod wrote:
krell wrote:Here is a clip from my dash cam few weeks ago......https://www.dropbox.com/s/rlaavuqcvupharr/VICO1649.MOV
Krell, is that that the raw footage (as it comes out the camera) or is that lower quality?

Here's what happened to my wife a few months back - it's in a 90km/h zone. You might not want the volume up if colourful language offends. :oops:

Youtube destroys the video quality, even on HD.

Here's some footage from the rear camera in the Kizashi:

Hahaha.
I remember when I lived in Australia, we were on a school trip on a bus and saw a car driving in the wrong lane. After shouting at the car, the teacher and bus driver simply shrugged and said, "Probably an American."
krell wrote:Raw footage.. dropbox also destroy the quality
I'm finding that even joining clips in programs like Windows Movie Maker can degrade quality. I'll upload a sample from my dash cam soon.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
SamirD

KuroNekko wrote:Until I took on my job as a defense investigator, I generally trusted the police. After this experience, I simply see how they frequently commit perjury on the stand and there is no legal ramification for this. The result is that the prosecution's case simply loses credibility, but nothing actually happens to the cop for lying his ass off on the stand. Hence, they keep doing it.
I really appreciate good, honest cops but I consider a lying, corrupt cop as one of the most dangerous things in society as they have the power to put innocent people behind bars.
Also, their disregard of obeying laws such as traffic laws also puts citizens in danger.
This is very disheartening to hear from someone that sees them in their professional capacity regularly. :( It just takes this type of behavior to get a little more out of control and you've got third world police enforcement and the whole country going to hell.

I for one agree with your original statement about most people believing the police. I think most of us want to believe they are honest and doing their job, therefore we believe them. Sad to know that this isn't the case more times than we know. :cry:
SamirD

If you guys want to upload the full quality, I don't mind you guys using my website smugmug account. You can just email the clip to huntsvillecarscene at email.smugmug.com with 'Upload' in the subject and they'll appear here:
http://newpics.huntsvillecarscene.com/g ... 1889_RBWZs

I can also setup an uploader if you guys want to use that instead. Just let me know.
KuroNekko

It took me a while, but I finally got around to uploading a sample from my dash cam to youtube. I agree with Murcod that the quality is degraded on youtube. It seems to blur at some parts of the video when the actual clip is totally fine. I went with a youtube upload for the sake of embedding convenience.
Here it is:

[youtube][/youtube]
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
SamirD

Nice clip! I love those roads--makes me miss cruising around HSV. :(
bootymac

I'd have way too much fun on those roads!

Your dashboard seems a bit reflective. What are you using on it?
SamirD

bootymac wrote:I'd have way too much fun on those roads!

Your dashboard seems a bit reflective. What are you using on it?
I used to have fun on roads like that almost every weekend when clubs would have their fall colors cruises in HSV. I really miss those. :cry:

I thought it was pretty shiny too, but only when the sun got to it.