Euro travels

Non-Suzuki related topics. Anything can go here.
Moto
Site Admin

Sounds like I'm going to Italy and Fance next month.

We will mostly be doing touristy things. Anyone have any great places to eat or "must do" activities.

The current plan is Rome, Venice, and Paris. (Girlfriend likes cities, and I got to plan the last trip which was a :drive: trip through Utah up to Montana and back)

Apologies for not being around much lately. I try to read the site from time to time, but workload and other side projects are taking up all of my time. It sounds like I will get quite a bit of time off coming up so maybe things will improve. (they always tell me that)
bootymac

I'm also traveling to Europe next week. I'll be on a Mediterranean cruise visiting parts of Italy, Greece, Turkey and France before staying in Barcelona for a few days.

Will be interested to hear about people's experiences
Wonson92

One of the best meals I had in Italy was at the Royal Art Cafe in Rome. I asked to sit upstairs and we got the whole balcony to ourselves, perfectly overlooking the Colosseum. Other than that I found Rome a pretty hard place to eat but everywhere else in Italy was great for food :p Cant go wrong in Venice, just don't eat around any of the tourist hotspots unless you plan on feeding an Italian family for 5 years with the cost of one coffee.
2011 Premium Silver XL

Learn. Do. Break. Fix. Explore. Save. Repeat
~tc~

I travel the world A LOT for work, and when people ask me where to go, the answer is ... Northern Italy - always. Don't worry about restaurant recommendations - anywhere will be the best food you've ever had.

Venice is everything it's made out to be. Fantastic. Small though - 1.5/2 days is enough to see most everything. If you planned longer, cut it off and go to Milan for at least one day to see the Duomo, Castello, and Galleria. The roof of the Duomo is a MUST DO.

Seriously, I would skip Rome and Paris and spend the time working from Venice to Florence to Milan to Como, but I'm sure the GF would veto that. Ferrari and Lamborghini are both in this area.

Some pix:
Roof of Duomo, Milan

Venice - target rich environment for photography

Milan Centrale train station with Freccia Blanca (high speed express from Venice to Milan)

Lake Como

If you want to go to a big city, my recommendation would be Budapest over Rome/Paris
2011 Sport SLS with nav Black Pearl Metallic
Moto
Site Admin

A little late, but those are some impressive pictures.

We ended up just doing Rome, Venice, and Paris, but it wasn't bad. I'll probably go back and explore a little more in a few years.
bootymac

Rome is incredible. Shame about the Trevi fountain though