Unrelated Question

Non-Suzuki related topics. Anything can go here.
coref1

Here's a site showing the US model sales figures (from a post Bootymac put up)
Looks like the US is one size up from Aus in that the top selling passenger vehicle in Aus is either the Corolla or Mazda 3 where as in the US it's the Camry. Based on what I saw in Europe a couple of years back Aus is maybe one size up from Europe. Surprising to see the Mazda 3 so far down the sales list in the US.
murcod

The Corolla is ahead at the moment here. http://www.caradvice.com.au/294093/toyo ... les-total/

http://www.drive.com.au/motor-news/aust ... zsugl.html
Top 10 cars for June 2014:

1 Toyota Corolla 4648

2 Toyota HiLux 4276

3 Mitsubishi Triton 4124

4 Mazda3 4059

5 Hyundai i30 3243

6 Ford Ranger 3214

7 Holden Commodore 3156

8 Toyota Camry 2378

9 Nissan Navara 2262

10 Volkswagen Golf 2261
It would be interesting to see the figures split into private buyer and fleet sales. I think that would knock the Hilux, Triton and Ranger down a few rungs.

Edit: Then again, I could be wrong! http://www.goauto.com.au/mellor/mellor. ... 0A000B5822
PRIVATE buyers are sustaining the Australian motor market this year as they snap up SUVs and 4x4 one-tonne utilities in increasing numbers, helping to make up for an accelerating decline in business vehicle purchases, according to official VFACTS data released today.

Sales of SUVs and light commercial vehicles to these “weekend warriors” soared by more than 20 per cent last month, driven by a multitude of end-of-year-special offers, while business buyers remained wary, with 13.4 per cent fewer fleet sales to companies across the board.

Four Thai-made utes – the Toyota HiLux, Mitsubishi Triton, Ford Ranger and Nissan Navara – made it into the list of top 10 vehicles in June sales, despite a decline of 8.2 per cent in business purchases in the light truck segment.
I wonder if sales of gun racks have gone up as well? :shock: :lol:
David
coref1

I wonder if sales of gun racks have gone up as well?
Based on the number of shootings in Sydney in recent years maybe yes although you don't need a gun rack for handguns. :o

My sister sold her Aurion for a Mazda BT50 a few years back to tow her horse and a van so there you go.

I'm surprised the Mazda 3 isn't closer to the Corolla is sales. :drive:
~tc~

Interesting, you can pull up sales by model. Suzuki only sold 20,043 Kizashi in the US.

By comparison, Maserati has sold 17,193 cars
2011 Sport SLS with nav Black Pearl Metallic
coref1

Actually overall for 2014 the Mazda 3 is still slightly ahead of the Corolla apparantly. I think I read the other day around 5000 Kizashi's have been sold in Australia but can't be sure on that.
I was just reading that in Australia 50% of Suzuki sales come from the Swift and for June the Swift was the 3rd biggest selling light car. Even with that Suzuki sales are down 33% in Aus for 2014 due to a lack of supply of Swifts. Apparantly at the end of 2013 they reverted production back to Japan from Thailand for the Aus Swifts.