Favorite Car Commercials/Adverts?

Non-Suzuki related topics. Anything can go here.
KuroNekko

Kizashi ads have been discussed a little bit before.
In the US, there were a few of them. Some were weird ads that compared the Kizashi to an entry-level luxury sedan and some other thing. One promo video had the Kizashi drive over banana peels in a similar fashion to the ads. The two Superbowl (2011 and 2012) ads highlighted the AWD system offered in the Kizashi.
Here they all are:

[youtube][/youtube]

[youtube][/youtube]

[youtube][/youtube]

[youtube][/youtube]

[youtube][/youtube]

[youtube][/youtube]

I've seen a few locally-produced ads by Suzuki dealers, but none have the quality of a national ad.

My personal favorite Kizashi ad hails from Australia. It features a Transformers-like morph of the Hayabusa into a Kizashi. I like the ad far more than its American counterparts because it emphasizes the driving dynamics of the car in the kind of environment it stands out best in. The CG and music is also very cool. While it's obvious that the Hayabusa and Kizashi are incomparable products, it's actually genius because Suzuki is getting a 2 for 1 deal with the ad by showing both products.
Here it is:

[youtube][/youtube]

My favorite car commercials of all time have come from Volkswagen years ago for the GTI Mk.V. They were a series of 3 hilarious ads called "Unpimp the Auto".
Here's all three of them together.

[youtube][/youtube]

On a softer note, I really like these promo videos from Subaru in Japan. They are too long to be TV ads, but are very well done in my opinion. One video is for the BRZ and the other one is a recent release showcasing the new XV and the Forester. Both videos use the value of family and tie it into the brand in these sentimental videos.

[youtube][/youtube]

[youtube][/youtube]

What are some of your favorite car ads?
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
bootymac

[youtube][/youtube]
Wonson92

I've always loved Honda's 'the cog' commercial for the Accord. The whole thing is supposedly genuine without a second of computer generation and the only alteration on parts were weights in the wheels to get them to roll up properly. It looks a little animated on youtube but never did to me on TV. I like to believe it's real even if it isn't :D
One of the more surprising things about the ad is that it was not a cheat. Although it would have been much easier to fiddle the chain of events by using computer graphics, the seesaw and shunt of events really did happen, and in one, clean take.1

Wieden+Kennedy staffers swear that no trick photography was used and that the final successful run-through was filmed in real time.... The only post-production trickery is the lighting on the car doors at the end.
[youtube][/youtube]
2011 Premium Silver XL

Learn. Do. Break. Fix. Explore. Save. Repeat
KuroNekko

Wonson92 wrote:I've always loved Honda's 'the cog' commercial for the Accord. The whole thing is supposedly genuine without a second of computer generation and the only alteration on parts were weights in the wheels to get them to roll up properly. It looks a little animated on youtube but never did to me on TV. I like to believe it's real even if it isn't :D
One of the more surprising things about the ad is that it was not a cheat. Although it would have been much easier to fiddle the chain of events by using computer graphics, the seesaw and shunt of events really did happen, and in one, clean take.1

Wieden+Kennedy staffers swear that no trick photography was used and that the final successful run-through was filmed in real time.... The only post-production trickery is the lighting on the car doors at the end.
For some reason embedding the video won't work for me :?:
I've seen this ad before and it's commonly regarded as one of the greatest car ads ever made for the reason you stated.

About embedding: You need to remove the "s" from "https" for the youtube video to embed here.
I'll fix it for you.
KuroNekko

This one from Toyota is interesting:

[youtube][/youtube]

Mercedes also recently had this ad.

[youtube][/youtube]

And Jaguar had this in response:

[youtube][/youtube]
bootymac

LOL at the Jaguar response. I love marketing battles
Wonson92

KuroNekko wrote:
I've seen this ad before and it's commonly regarded as one of the greatest car ads ever made for the reason you stated.

About embedding: You need to remove the "s" from "https" for the youtube video to embed here.
I'll fix it for you.
Thanks for that Kuro!

That Merc add is somewhat creepy :shock: Jag's response is way better though :lol:
2011 Premium Silver XL

Learn. Do. Break. Fix. Explore. Save. Repeat
Speed_Racer

Here's a classic:
[youtube][/youtube]

And not a car commercial, per se, but still wonderful:
[youtube][/youtube]
'12 Kizashi,'03 SV650,'04 DL1000
KuroNekko

I remember seeing that Ferrari/Shell commercial a while back. Pretty cool.

I can't leave out this gem from the 80's from a company that no longer even makes small cars:

[youtube][/youtube]

About the only synchronized dancing in a car ad these days is this and it's not even the cars dancing:

[youtube][/youtube]

Lastly, this was a very touching video from Volkswagen when the Type 2 (VW Bus) finally ended production after 56 years. I can tell you that Brazilian 2013 models are very similar in design and styling inside and out to my 1976 model. Heck, their engines even sound the same.

[youtube][/youtube]
bootymac

World Order! Those guys are awesome

This has always been a favorite:

[youtube][/youtube]