Armour All Outlast Tire Glaze

Non-Suzuki related topics. Anything can go here.
twoqttsdad

Pretty neat stuff. Put some on and it dried to a shiny and flexible coating. Kind of like a flexible clear coat for tires. Nice to finally see my newly dressed tires not coated in road dust the day after. Will see if it holds up and keeps its appearance. I hope it doesn't end up cracked, brown and crappy looking later.

Two
2012 SLS
Azure Grey
FWD CVT
twoqttsdad

A month later and still shiny like i just put it on. Much easier to wash too. No scrubbing, just soap and a mitt.

Just waiting to see when it starts peeling and how much of a hassle it is to take off.

Advertised to last through 100 washes.
2012 SLS
Azure Grey
FWD CVT
murcod

twoqttsdad wrote:
Advertised to last through 100 washes.
That's a long time in this household!
David
bootymac

Very mixed reviews on this product. Let us know how it goes!
twoqttsdad

Going past two months. Still easy to clean and hasn't come off yet. Just waiting for the days that it does. If it's easy to remove then I'll be happy to put on a new coat.
Still, I don't miss scrubbing the old stuff off and reapplying tire dressing every week.
2012 SLS
Azure Grey
FWD CVT
SamirD

Interesting product. How's it holding up now?
twoqttsdad

It has performed well for me, although it no way came close to the claimed 100 washes it was supposed to last through. I was expecting it to start peeling off like dried Elmer's glue as i noticed that the shine was starting to dull, but the coating was still stuck to the tire well. No hazing after three months, just not as shiny. I was lazy so I just reapplied another coat after washing with a mitt. The initial application still seemed well adhered. Putting on a second coat might cause me headaches later on but I'll just wait and see.
I put some on my wife's Highlander about a month ago, but it seemed to have just evaporated away. No residue. Couldn't figure that out.
I used oven cleaner to strip my tires before first applying the stuff and used a soft wash mitt for cleaning them instead of scrubbing with a brush.
It's neat to run my finger against the shiny treated tire expecting to have a black layer of junk stuck to my finger, only it comes back clean!
Still happy with the stuff.
2012 SLS
Azure Grey
FWD CVT
SamirD

Pretty interesting stuff. Any other applications for it? I wonder how it would help to keep winter salt off the car?