Reporting in from Japan

Non-Suzuki related topics. Anything can go here.
DesRado

Thanks a bunch. It isn't a universal, but I'll post pics once I get it.

Does the reverse lever get affected in any way? Or does it still have the pull up as usual?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
2012 Platinum Silver Kizashi GTS, 6SP

KuroNekko

You have to be careful for the reverse lock-out collar. You need to make sure that the replacement knob is designed to accommodate the Kizashi's collar's upward movement when reverse is engaged. My universal shift knob has a rather wide opening for the collar, but it wasn't quite wide enough for the Kizashi. I had to end up taking out the spring retainer (the white plastic piece) and its metal clip to fit my new knob. The knob keeps the spring in place so the retainer isn't necessary. However, I have to screw the knob in just right so that the knob is as low as possible but not too low or it'll prevent the collar from going up when I need to engage reverse. I currently have the OE knob back in use because I need to re-glue the JDM knob back onto the shifter. The replacement knob is a bit of a hassle, but it's so much more ergonomic because it's round.

Let us know what kind of shifter you got and if it's 100% compatible with the Kizashi. Reverse lock-out collars can make things quite difficult with compatibility when trying to use an aftermarket knob.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
KlutzNinja

Kuro, do you still have the cat key fob thing? Just wondering for the sake of continuity lol
Current: Blue 2018 Mazda 3 GT 5-Door
Previous: Blue 2010 Ford Focus SES,
Black 2013 Kizashi Sport GTS-L (CVT; FWD)(RIP)
KuroNekko

KlutzNinja wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 5:23 am Kuro, do you still have the cat key fob thing? Just wondering for the sake of continuity lol
Haha, yes. I still have everything from my Japan haul. In fact, every single LED bulb I bought is still fully functional and installed in my Kizashi. I bought more of the PIAA T10 bulbs and installed them on my Suzuki motorcycles as they use the T10 bulbs for their position bulbs too. The black cat key cover is on a different keyring now and the black cat keychain doll (Jiji from Hayao Miyazaki's "Kiki's Delivery Service") has been dangling on my inner windshield for years. Funny enough, in 2017, I found and adopted a real black cat. I'm definitely "kuro neko'ed" out.

SamirD

KuroNekko wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 7:28 pmFunny enough, in 2017, I found and adopted a real black cat. I'm definitely "kuro neko'ed" out.

Nice! You're definitely living up to your name. :mrgreen:
KuroNekko

SamirD wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 8:40 am
KuroNekko wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 7:28 pmFunny enough, in 2017, I found and adopted a real black cat. I'm definitely "kuro neko'ed" out.

Nice! You're definitely living up to your name. :mrgreen:
:ugeek: