What did you do to your other car(s) today?

Non-Suzuki related topics. Anything can go here.
Woodie

Woodie wrote:I'm negotiating with a guy in New Jersey to buy a 91 Pontiac Firefly Turbo. Wasn't sold in the USA, only Canada, but the original owner moved here back in 97 and he says the title is free and clear. I hope it really looks like this and this isn't a ten year old photo:
That was a ten year old photo, it's pretty rough. I bought it anyway and I'm slowly patching things back together.
Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms
Should be a convenience store, not a government agency
Woodie

KuroNekko wrote:Here are some older photos from the VW bus project.

009.JPG
Hey KN, I saw this parked in front of Old Line Saturday. Looked as if it had just been painted and they weren't finished putting all the doodads back on it.

KuroNekko

Woodie wrote:
KuroNekko wrote:Here are some older photos from the VW bus project.

009.JPG
Hey KN, I saw this parked in front of Old Line Saturday. Looked as if it had just been painted and they weren't finished putting all the doodads back on it.

Sweet. I haven't seen this one around before.
I've seen another VW bus in College Park a few times. It's a refurbished blue one with wooden roof racks. Saw him one time when I was driving my VW and hence the obligatory greeting was made:

2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
Speed_Racer

Installed a new Delkevic exhaust on the SV this weekend, and wow does it sound good.

Before (stock):

After:
'12 Kizashi,'03 SV650,'04 DL1000
KuroNekko

Speed_Racer wrote:Installed a new Delkevic exhaust on the SV this weekend, and wow does it sound good.

Before (stock):

After:
Ahh, stop teasing me.
Despite buying my SV back in June, I haven't been riding it much due to it failing inspection. The previous owner had a few mods that weren't exactly street legal but the biggest problem was that the front wheel was dented at the rim in a way that the mechanic said would need replacement. He admitted that the dent didn't cause any riding issues, but required me to get a new wheel to pass inspections. I had to find a new wheel while making the repairs necessary to pass inspection. I then went on vacation so the bike was under a tarp for a while. Hopefully it will be ready this weekend.
Speed_Racer

KuroNekko wrote: Ahh, stop teasing me.
Despite buying my SV back in June, I haven't been riding it much due to it failing inspection. The previous owner had a few mods that weren't exactly street legal but the biggest problem was that the front wheel was dented at the rim in a way that the mechanic said would need replacement. He admitted that the dent didn't cause any riding issues, but required me to get a new wheel to pass inspections. I had to find a new wheel while making the repairs necessary to pass inspection. I then went on vacation so the bike was under a tarp for a while. Hopefully it will be ready this weekend.
Bummer! He's way more strict than my local Jiffy Lube inspection station - they just make sure all my lights work, it took less than 60 seconds.
Woodie

Drove the Firefly to Northern Ohio this weekend for GeoPalooza. the annual GEO Metro convention. I had very little confidence in it, so Sherry drove the Kizashi too. Turns out that was unnecessary as the Firefly ran flawlessly all 750 miles, most of it at 70 mph. Sherry begrudgingly admits that it's a tough little bugger, and maybe she should stop calling it "the shitbox".

GeoPalooza was a huge success, with 47 cars this year. http://geometroforum.com/topic/6200845
KuroNekko

Speed_Racer wrote:
KuroNekko wrote: Ahh, stop teasing me.
Bummer! He's way more strict than my local Jiffy Lube inspection station - they just make sure all my lights work, it took less than 60 seconds.
Yeah, this guy is an old-school Harley mechanic running his own independent shop. An Angie's List listing on his shop states he's a retired Fleet Manager with the Maryland State Police Motorcycle Division so this guy is rather by-the-book. The good thing is that he seems really honest. I went to his shop given it was very close to my house and I don't have the riding experience to really seek out a location further away.
KuroNekko

Woodie wrote:Drove the Firefly to Northern Ohio this weekend for GeoPalooza. the annual GEO Metro convention. I had very little confidence in it, so Sherry drove the Kizashi too. Turns out that was unnecessary as the Firefly ran flawlessly all 750 miles, most of it at 70 mph. Sherry begrudgingly admits that it's a tough little bugger, and maybe she should stop calling it "the shitbox".

GeoPalooza was a huge success, with 47 cars this year. http://geometroforum.com/topic/6200845
Nice. Were you able to repair the turbo in time?
Hearing about Geo Metro enthusiasts makes me rather disappointed that Suzuki didn't offer us the current Swift. I think that car could have saved Suzuki in this country. I love the Kizashi, but it's the Swift that should have been offered instead of it until Americans were buying Suzukis again.
Suzuki is already testing the next generation Swift which should come out next year in other markets.
Speed_Racer

KuroNekko wrote: Yeah, this guy is an old-school Harley mechanic running his own independent shop. An Angie's List listing on his shop states he's a retired Fleet Manager with the Maryland State Police Motorcycle Division so this guy is rather by-the-book. The good thing is that he seems really honest. I went to his shop given it was very close to my house and I don't have the riding experience to really seek out a location further away.
Honestly those mechanics are worth their weight - especially if you have a new bike or are new to motorcycling in general.