Kia Stinger starting at $25k? Good replacement for Kizashi?

Non-Suzuki related topics. Anything can go here.
Triggerhappy

Right now there's a sale on Stingers, up to $12,000 off MSRP. The base has a RWD, 255 HP turbo 4, seats 5, and versatile hatch. Anyone test drove one yet?

https://www.cars.com/for-sale/searchres ... 0&zc=76137

If the base had adaptive cruise, I would trade my Prime in a heartbeat.
Last edited by Triggerhappy on Sat Sep 29, 2018 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
152k miles - niece drives it now
2017 Prius Prime - about 65 mpg factoring in electricity cost
2018 Pacifica Hybrid - wife's
n8dogg

Totally caught my eye as well...a nice little surprise from KIA!
'12 Kizashi SLS AWD w/RF sound
easy to chip Vivid Red and 25% window tint
Pirelli Cinturato P7 Plus II
Power Stop Rotors and Pads
183,xxx miles and still lovin it!
KuroNekko

I haven't driven one but I've checked one out in person and sat in it at a KIA Stinger store. KIA's US HQ is in the same city I live in and they have a Stinger showroom at a local mall, much like Tesla has around the nation.

The Stinger is a nice car and one that seems to be a huge step up for KIA. It's really more like a performance-oriented 4 door given the high power engines and RWD-based drivetrain. You can get AWD with a twin turbo V6 too which is rumored to be faster to 60MPH than a Ford Mustang GT.

The car is large but rather snug inside from my recollection. The build quality was good but I think the Kizashi's is a tad better and more refined, especially when looking at things other than just the cockpit. The rear seats in the Stinger also felt a bit tight despite being a four door. However, the car is often compared to those like the Mustang and Charger so it's more of a performance sedan than a family sedan. Given KIA has the Optima and the Cadenza, they wanted to offer something different and it is.

The price cuts may reflect the fact that they aren't selling too well. Maybe it's because people don't or won't associate KIA with performance . Or maybe it's because people would just rather buy CUVs instead these days.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
Woodie

There's a dealer near me with a GT for $31,500, that's pretty sweet.

Just wish it could be had in a manual, or DCT.
Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms
Should be a convenience store, not a government agency
Onikarge

I think the Stinger is a superb car and, somehow, the concept or idea is similar to the Kizashi: both represent the best products their makers could/can do in a world where sportive sedans are not so valued like in the past times. Despite the Stinger shows potential that rely upon its motors and configurations I´m afraid that (just like the Kizashis) probably it won´t succed as it deserves . Time will tell but this Kia´s bold move should be fairly appreciated. This car now is very rare to see in the european streets so its impressive look and appereance is really super exotic and exclusive. I think no SUV won´t ever get even near the beauty and sleek sportiness Kizashis and Stingers have.
Woodie

Woodie wrote:Just wish it could be had in a manual, or DCT.
And got a little better mileage. 19/25 on premium is appalling.
Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms
Should be a convenience store, not a government agency
Ronzuki

Woodie wrote: 19/25 on premium is appalling.
Prolly has to do with the skinny pedal being on the floor-board all the time...I got smoked by one of those heading to work a while back not too long after they introduced them. Saw it coming up, hard, behind me outta nowhere and then kept right on going right on around me in a non-passing zone. I ain't no slouch goin' down the road either. The only one I've ever seen.
Ron

2010 Kizashi GTS, CVT, iAWD (3/10 build date)
2011 SX4 Premium Hatch, CVT, iAWD (12/10 build date)
2018 Mazda CX-5 iAWD Touring
2014 Wrangler JKUW (GONE, traded :D :D )
1991 Samurai, 5-Speed, EFI, Soft-Top ( :| sold)
KuroNekko

Woodie wrote:
Woodie wrote:Just wish it could be had in a manual, or DCT.
And got a little better mileage. 19/25 on premium is appalling.
But that's for the twin-turbo V6 with AWD. 19/25 isn't bad for 365 HP and 0 to 60 in 4.7 seconds.

The turbo 4 makes 255 HP and gets 22/29 which is exactly the same as our Kizashis.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)