K&N Filters Now Avalible for Kizashi

Let others know about your performance modifications, and help members find the parts they want.
Moto
Site Admin

Eh, I really don't think you would expect to see more than 5hp. Probably more like 2. You might get slightly better gas mileage, and you will probably be able to feel a little difference in how the car accelerates, but you won't get a lot out of a drop in K&N. The advantage is they are easy to clean and last a long time.
GTSKIZ

I don't think it would be anything like that. I've heard from 1 to 5 HP gains on other 4 cylinder engines. Could be better HP gains out there that I haven't heard about. :?:
Hawkzilla

Well, if I can feel a difference in acceleration it will be worth it. The Zashi needs all the help it can get under 20mph.

If anyone puts one of these in and notices a improvement in acceleration, can you please post it on here? Thanks!
Kizashi SLS CVT Azure Gray Metallic
Hawkzilla

I have my K&N filter in now. I was surprised when I took the existing filter out and compared them. The existing one has a ton of white fuzzy filter "stuff" on the intake side that reminds me of the stuffing in a couch cushion. Anyway, after having the K&N in I can definitely feel a difference. I think the best way to describe it is it feels like the old filter was suffocating my car. I also noticed a difference in the MPG I was getting.

I was skeptical about this, but after seeing how the old one was made I'm not surprised to feel a difference. Anyway, it's definitely worth $50 and I highly recommend.
TheHolyGhost

That's good to hear! Where'd you get it?
2010 Kizashi GTS
6 speed
Platinum Silver Metallic (Battle wounded)

2014 Ford Focus Titanium Hatchback

Past Cars:
2008 Subaru Legacy 2.5i
1998 Audi A4 1.8TQM
1998 Dodge Avenger ES
Hawkzilla

http://store.knfilters.com/search/produ ... od=33-2441

Also, it was the fastest air filter swap I have ever done. I love how the guts of this car have been set up.
gaww

TheHolyGhost wrote:That's good to hear! Where'd you get it?
Ordered mine direct from KN. Local parts places cannot pull it up - even when I give them KN part number. Shipping was free via surface - getting delivered Wednesday.
Senegal

Haven't decided on the K&N yet, although I had great results with my BMW.

what do you guys think of this article? I think there's also a mechanic among us, inputs are appreciated.

http://www.nicoclub.com/archives/kn-vs-oem-filter.html
Flyby

Senegal that article points to some interesting conclusions. I'll simply say "In God we trust. All others bring data". I'm sure that if you ask of it, K&N will provide testing results that show conclusively that it's filter boosts performance in the Kiz. Should you worry that it also passes more dirt into your engine? To each hos own.
Flyby out
Drive that thing or pull over! (Either common sense ain't all that common, or it ain't what it's cracked up to be)
Hawkzilla

Senegal wrote:Haven't decided on the K&N yet, although I had great results with my BMW.

what do you guys think of this article? I think there's also a mechanic among us, inputs are appreciated.

http://www.nicoclub.com/archives/kn-vs-oem-filter.html
I have read that article, but I think it's reasonable to draw a conclusion that of if these filters were harming engines we would hear about it. Personally, I based my decision on the word of the good people on this board. Like I said, when you look at these two filters side-by-side, it's not hard to believe that you are going to increase air flow with the K&N, which as long as dirt is not getting through, that can only mean good things for your engine's performance.

I'll be on the interstate today and it is a level stretch, so I'm going to see what kind of MPG I am getting at 70mph and report back. Oh yeah, while taking a left from a stop light last night my traction control kicked in briefly. I was in AWD and my Kizahi's rev got up to 5000rpm before I was out of my wide turn... the torque got my wheels to jump in AWD. I was pretty stoked, as that was the first time the TC had kicked in for me. 8-)