K&N Filters Now Avalible for Kizashi

Let others know about your performance modifications, and help members find the parts they want.
TheHolyGhost

I'm still babying mine to break it in a little, at about 500 miles now. I can't wait to let it rip, I know it's not a fast car but I can tell that it wants to go. :twisted:
2010 Kizashi GTS
6 speed
Platinum Silver Metallic (Battle wounded)

2014 Ford Focus Titanium Hatchback

Past Cars:
2008 Subaru Legacy 2.5i
1998 Audi A4 1.8TQM
1998 Dodge Avenger ES
Hawkzilla

Yeah, I didn't start driving aggressively until I hit the 1,000 mile mark, but now I find myself getting after it more often then not. I wouldn't say this car isn't fast though... wait until you hit an on-ramp going about 25mph and drop the hammer... you will be doing 70 before you know it!

That's why I like this car so much. You can drive it all relaxed and look sophisticated or you can drive aggressive... it has a nice balance to it.

We were waiting for our food at BK last night after we took my daughter to gymnastics and a bunch of kids started getting in the truck next to us. One of them say "hey mister, you got a cool car". I just laughed and said "thanks", then told him to watch the paint. (just kidding on that last part). 8-)
Kizashi SLS CVT Azure Gray Metallic
Flyby

Hawkzilla wrote:Yeah, I didn't start driving aggressively until I hit the 1,000 mile mark, but now I find myself getting after it more often then not. I wouldn't say this car isn't fast though... wait until you hit an on-ramp going about 25mph and drop the hammer... you will be doing 70 before you know it!

That's why I like this car so much. You can drive it all relaxed and look sophisticated or you can drive aggressive... it has a nice balance to it.

We were waiting for our food at BK last night after we took my daughter to gymnastics and a bunch of kids started getting in the truck next to us. One of them say "hey mister, you got a cool car". I just laughed and said "thanks", then told him to watch the paint. (just kidding on that last part). 8-)
Now that's the stuff!! ;)
Flyby out
Drive that thing or pull over! (Either common sense ain't all that common, or it ain't what it's cracked up to be)
Senegal

alright, I'm convinced.

Just ordered mine with 2 recharge kits from autoanything.com for grand total of $58.62 after bing cashback and fight for price adjustment (K&N had listed the recharge kits for less :o )
Last edited by Senegal on Fri Jun 11, 2010 7:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TheHolyGhost

Take advantage while you can. Microsoft is killing Bing cashback soon, unfortunately.
2010 Kizashi GTS
6 speed
Platinum Silver Metallic (Battle wounded)

2014 Ford Focus Titanium Hatchback

Past Cars:
2008 Subaru Legacy 2.5i
1998 Audi A4 1.8TQM
1998 Dodge Avenger ES
Senegal

yea, I hear July 30 they will pull the plug which is too bad. I guess taking on Google was a much more difficult task than they had imagined.
KCKizashi

OK, I just ordered mine, and had to pay a little extra for faster shipping. I'm taking the Kizzy on a road trip next week from KC to STL Mo.... we'll just see how the MPGs fare.
2010 Platinum Silver GTS AWD
Senegal

switched to synthetic oil today...what a difference, 1-2 mpg improvement....a much smoother engine ;)
gaww

Flyby wrote:Senegal that article points to some interesting conclusions. I'll simply say "In God we trust. All others bring data". I'm sure that if you ask of it, K&N will provide testing results that show conclusively that it's filter boosts performance in the Kiz. Should you worry that it also passes more dirt into your engine? To each hos own.
Flyby out
After reading that article, I was concerned enough to cut-and-paste it and sent to KN's support email address. Their response included a link to their own testing site - http://www.knfilters.com/air_filter_testing.htm.

After reading discussions on efficiency on that site, I became even more concerned. Promotional info on KN"s main webpage had stated that they did not have to compromise filtering efficiency to get higher air flows, and that they were 99% or better efficient. The link above takes you to a discussion where they say "generally" between 96 and 99%.

The article Senegal posted showed the KN filter had the lowest efficiency in the group (96.8%) with the highest airflow (looks like a major compromise to me). At that efficiency, it was passing dust through at 45 times the rate of the AC Delco ( which had the highest efficiency and not surprising - most resistance to air flow).

I don't know if 45 times the rate for dust is worth a few extra horsepower with the KN. However, not knowing the "brand" of the Kizashi OEM paper filter, it is hard to know what its filter ratings would be compared the the group in the test. A number of other air filters also passed through a good deal of dust.

I responded to KN with the above, and they stated their 100% customer satisfaction policy provides for a refund if not. I am considering doing this (easy - as I purchased directly from them). Just wished I knew more about the OEM original filter - if it was as inefficient as the KN (doubtful), would stay with it until a Delco becomes available.

If you live in an especially dusty area and are looking for long life from the engine, you might want to consider the AC Delco filter if/when they release one for the Kizashi.

Note - would have liked to have know who made the "No Brand" filter in the test. It had over 99% filtering efficiency while having almost as low air flow restriction as KN - that is a good compromise!
Hawkzilla

Senegal wrote:switched to synthetic oil today...what a difference, 1-2 mpg improvement....a much smoother engine ;)
Isn't that the truth?? I noticed a big difference in both of the things you mentioned. I'm getting mid 30s mpg one I get the cruise set on the interstate. What oil & filter did you go with, if you don't mind me asking?
Kizashi SLS CVT Azure Gray Metallic