Why we need the Swift Sport in the US

If it has an S on the front you can talk about it here.
~tc~

2011 Sport SLS with nav Black Pearl Metallic
Moto
Site Admin

I have no idea why they haven't brought it over. It was built to pass our safety standards, and it was supposed to be here in 2010, but it never came over. I don't think it would be the car that defines Suzuki, but if they had it here they would sell a bunch if gas got to 4 of 5 bucks a gallon.
chazyouwin

One of my suspicions is that it would probably be viewed a lot like the SX4 by most buyers, notwithstanding the evident discrepancies, and so it could cannibalize those sales (or vice-versa). It is a very nice looking car.
2010 Kizashi SLS FWD Gray; 2013 Grand Vitara 4wd red; 2012 SX4 blue; 2021 Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV black

Previous: 2002 XL-7 Limited (2); 1992 Accord; '91 Volvo; '85 Toyota; '84 Celica; '73 Mercedes.
Moto
Site Admin

I agree, but the swift name is known world wide, and Sx4 is not. To start with I think it would work if they just sold the most sporty version here. Car enthusiasts are always looking for a fun, cheap little go-cart and most car enthusiasts already know about the swift.

Bring over the slower models as gas prices increase. (Sort of backwards but it might work)
~tc~

So, let's say 1000 people buy a Swift instead of an SX4, but 10000 people buy a Swift instead of a GTI, Mini, Mazda 2, etc ... Wouldn't that be a trade worth making?
2011 Sport SLS with nav Black Pearl Metallic
murcod

We get the Swift and SX4. I wouldn't imagine too many people would be between both (especially any SX4 against the Swift Sport.)
David
KuroNekko

I agree.
Here's Suzuki's future in the US:
The public's interest/recognition in the brand regained with the Swift and Swift Sport
OR
A swift exodus from the US.

I prefer the Swift that I can drive.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
Tom Kizzie

the swift is very popular in europe. People of any age drive swift. The sx4 people are mostly between 40 and 80 years old. The swift sport outcorners almost anything on the road. For US maybe its a tiny toycar . Buying cars,fuel,insurance, roadtax, maintanance is very expensive over here. Gasprice now @ 1.60 euro/liter...which is amost 10 dollar for a gallon??
kizashi 6mt black
KuroNekko

Tom Kizzie wrote:the swift is very popular in europe. People of any age drive swift. The sx4 people are mostly between 40 and 80 years old. The swift sport outcorners almost anything on the road. For US maybe its a tiny toycar . Buying cars,fuel,insurance, roadtax, maintanance is very expensive over here. Gasprice now @ 1.60 euro/liter...which is amost 10 dollar for a gallon??
It's closer to $8 a gallon but yes, the prices are vastly different between the US and Europe. I live in gas-expensive California and yet, I can get away with paying just under $3 a gallon if I go to Costco. Gas isn't more than $3.50 in most places in Southern California. Other parts of the country will have gas at close to $2 a gallon. It's not any wonder why then that Americans drive larger and less efficient vehicles and many are reluctant about electric vehicles and hybrids.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)