JDM parts

If you represent a dealer or vendor, and your post includes currency amounts it should likely go here.

There is no need to ask permission to post. Dealers and Vendors will always be allowed to post relevant products on this forum.
chief2001

I will be your source for any and all JDM parts suzuki related. Name is chief2001 you can find me on many forums. :mrgreen:

aeriostyle.com
sx4club.com
clubaleno.us
http://www.clubaleno.us<<Suzuki Esteem/Baleno club

White 1.8L 2001 Suzuki Esteem 5spd (undergoing restoration and build up) Blue 1.8L 2000 Suzuki Esteem A/T (fathers now :o)
Yes, I made that avatar :)
The Forenza, Reno, and Verona are NOT SUZUKI's
Moto
Site Admin

Nice to have you aboard.
chief2001

Thanks, I hope Kizashi takes off really well. :mrgreen:

White 1.8L 2001 Suzuki Esteem 5spd (undergoing restoration and build up) Blue 1.8L 2000 Suzuki Esteem A/T (fathers now :o)
TheHolyGhost

Do you have any information on what is different in the JDM version?
2010 Kizashi GTS
6 speed
Platinum Silver Metallic (Battle wounded)

2014 Ford Focus Titanium Hatchback

Past Cars:
2008 Subaru Legacy 2.5i
1998 Audi A4 1.8TQM
1998 Dodge Avenger ES
chief2001

Hmm, sorry for late reply but I never got email notification of this reply. Its mostly cosmetics in some cases but I have not had a chance to see the US version in person. But I am able to get Japan only accesories and what not. :)

AirRideFan

chief2001 wrote:Hmm, sorry for late reply but I never got email notification of this reply. Its mostly cosmetics in some cases but I have not had a chance to see the US version in person. But I am able to get Japan only accesories and what not. :)
Yo-- chief2001-- (sorry for the response, like 7 years LATER, ha!)- but I was I wondering if the JDM Kizashi models have the HID headlights? (and, if so--- are they standard on all JDM models) ?

PS- What kind of car are you working with today, man ?
2012 KIZASHI Sport SLS

ExtremeContact DWS Tuned tires on staggered Speedlines! :o
Ecsta V720 235/40's on the OEM 18's
Hakkapeliitta R2 235/45's on Sport Edition KV5 18's <- too heavy
WinterContact 215/55's on Lexus GS 16's this winter!
KuroNekko

AirRideFan wrote:
chief2001 wrote:Hmm, sorry for late reply but I never got email notification of this reply. Its mostly cosmetics in some cases but I have not had a chance to see the US version in person. But I am able to get Japan only accesories and what not. :)
Yo-- chief2001-- (sorry for the response, like 7 years LATER, ha!)- but I was I wondering if the JDM Kizashi models have the HID headlights? (and, if so--- are they standard on all JDM models) ?

PS- What kind of car are you working with today, man ?
I know the question was directed to the OP but given he's not active, I'll answer. HIDs are not standard but you can get them as an option in Japan. I know this because I'm familiar with Japan (born there and go back to visit often) and I also visited Suzuki dealers and got JDM brochures for the car including a JDM Kizashi accessories catalogue. It listed HIDs as an option one can order. I know that in some European markets, the Kizashi also came with HIDs and included pop-up headlight washers. Factory HIDs were never offered for the USDM.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
AirRideFan

JDM Parts...I appreciate your response. Thanks for filling me in on that. That is what I figured. I wonder if they are a stand-alone option or come standard on the higher models (Equiv. of GTS/SLS) in Japan? I see that the Australia models (with "options") mostly have the self-leveling HID's/headlight washers, also. Man.... that serious fuggin KILLS me that the stupid USDM Kizzy's have regular halogens. (WHY WOULDN'T SUZUKI JUST LEAVE EM!? -Jesus... charge an extra $400 or something for the car and call it a day- probably would be cheaper overall- than redesigning another set of headlight housings for halogens. ttsshh) THANKS AGAIN for letting me know though!

PS- what all accessories are in your JDM catalogue, my friend? Anything "NEAT" !?
PPS- I would really like to have this oem coin holder- but I don't have the funds for THAT little thing right now. Replacing all my brakes and painting the calipers at the moment. http://www.ebay.com/itm/JDM-Suzuki-Swif ... 7675.l2557
^ that little part isn't in the OEM accessories brochure, is it ?
2012 KIZASHI Sport SLS

ExtremeContact DWS Tuned tires on staggered Speedlines! :o
Ecsta V720 235/40's on the OEM 18's
Hakkapeliitta R2 235/45's on Sport Edition KV5 18's <- too heavy
WinterContact 215/55's on Lexus GS 16's this winter!
Woodie

AirRideFan wrote:Man.... that serious fuggin KILLS me that the stupid USDM Kizzy's have regular halogens. (WHY WOULDN'T SUZUKI JUST LEAVE EM!? -Jesus... charge an extra $400 or something for the car and call it a day- probably would be cheaper overall- than redesigning another set of headlight housings for halogens. ttsshh)
Because following this logic the car ends up weighing 6,000 lbs, costing $60,000 and competing with Jaguar, Cadillac, and Alfa Romeo. Why aren't all Kizashis leather, navigation, AWD, CVT? Because I wouldn't buy that, I despise all four. I also wouldn't want to pay any more for HID lights. The Kizashi has the most powerful lights of any car I've driven, by a long margin, don 't see why you would want anything more. You should have seen what we were driving in the 60's, we truly understood the term "candlepower", yet we managed to survive.
Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms
Should be a convenience store, not a government agency
KuroNekko

AirRideFan wrote:JDM Parts...I appreciate your response. Thanks for filling me in on that. That is what I figured. I wonder if they are a stand-alone option or come standard on the higher models (Equiv. of GTS/SLS) in Japan? I see that the Australia models (with "options") mostly have the self-leveling HID's/headlight washers, also. Man.... that serious fuggin KILLS me that the stupid USDM Kizzy's have regular halogens. (WHY WOULDN'T SUZUKI JUST LEAVE EM!? -Jesus... charge an extra $400 or something for the car and call it a day- probably would be cheaper overall- than redesigning another set of headlight housings for halogens. ttsshh) THANKS AGAIN for letting me know though!

PS- what all accessories are in your JDM catalogue, my friend? Anything "NEAT" !?
PPS- I would really like to have this oem coin holder- but I don't have the funds for THAT little thing right now. Replacing all my brakes and painting the calipers at the moment. http://www.ebay.com/itm/JDM-Suzuki-Swif ... 7675.l2557
^ that little part isn't in the OEM accessories brochure, is it ?
I personally really like HIDs and LEDs as I'm a lighting nut and I have a number of write-ups on these topics. However, Woodie has a point about why Suzuki probably decided to not offer HIDs in the Kizashi for the USDM. Adding such features would have bumped up the price and the Suzuki brand did not have the prestige for US consumers to pay over a certain price point. By offering more conventional packaging, it brought the cost of the car down. Now I agree that they maybe could have offered it as an option for the higher-spec Kizashis, much like you'd find other cars bundling navs with moonroofs, HIDs with top-spec stereos, etc. However, the Kizashi didn't sell well enough for Suzuki to really move forward with expanding the Kizashi's offerings and packaging. If anything, they did the opposite over the years. They started deleting options to bring down the price. For example, my 2011 Sport GTS came with a moonroof but for model year 2012, they deleted the moonroof and made it an option or only available with the SLS, I believe. Hence, a 2011 Sport GTS is better equipped than a 2012 Sport GTS, but the MY 2012 may have cost less. In its last year sold in the US, Suzuki even stopped offering the manual transmission in anything but the base S trim. It's a stark contrast to when they offered the 6MT in the SLS in previous model years.

Also keep in mind that other markets got other packaging. I hear all Kizashis sold in the UK were with AWD and CVTs with the HIDs standard. It was sold there as a premium vehicle. Regardless of the packaging, the Kizashi failed to succeed anywhere. It was very unfortunate but the Kizashi came at a horrible time in the midst of the global economic crisis. Had Suzuki offered the Swift instead of the Kizashi in 2009, I think they would still be around and they'd be selling the new Vitara decently here now with the CUV craze.

Also, it's not like you're stuck with factory halogens in the Kizashi. The aftermarket offers plenty of options. In fact, my Kizashi has never had halogen low beams in the time I've owned it. You can install an aftermarket HID or LED kit and it will work rather well. These kits are also significantly cheaper than OE set-ups and you can get an entire kit cheaper than the cost of replacing an OE D2S HID bulb. OE HID systems are better, but in my opinion, quality aftermarket kits come pretty close in offering the performance and look of HIDs. That being said, many cars are now moving to LED headlights which offer more possibilities with headlight design and performance.

I'll look through the JDM accessories catalogue again but I recall many things being rather mundane. In fact, I suggest looking through the accessories offered in other markets like Australia which offered different things too.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)