Paint problem

The Kizashi should soon show up in Australia. We look forward to seeing members from your region.
donkarnash

Hi,
can we have some pics uploaded of the chips. And please let us know the outcome of warranty claim. Thanks
suzboy

Hi,

I think I am having the same problem for my car :evil: .

I bought a "well maintained" demonstrator from a Suzuki dealer, and I bought the car with the knowledge that there are a few scratches here and there.

Thinking back, there are a lot of scratches (2 on rear bumper, some scratches on doors) on a car that is just over one year old. It implies that either 1) the previous driver(s) is a careless driver or 2) the paint job of the car is not on par.

If it is the later, it is a great disappointment for an otherwise brilliant car!
2011 Mineral Grey Kizashi Prestige
BM-Power

I don't know what people are complaining about...the paintwork on the Kizashi is fine. My folks got the 2010 model and I've got the 2012, no problems what so ever...might have 1 or 2 small chips on the bonnet but that's expected. The paintwork isn't as thick and strong as on eg. BMW (not that I'd expect it to be) but it's no different to Mazda.

Make sure not to tailgate, and as soon as you hear you're getting sand blasted, back off from the vehicle ahead of you and slow down/change lanes.
BMW E46 330i SMG
Suzuki Kizashi 6MT
Wonson92

I had mine looked at when I had repairs done on the front bumper, he said its not a paint issue its a design issue (his opinion) and due to the rounded nose at the front it causes the rocks to slow down on impact and then roll across the car leaving small chips in weird spots. At first I didnt really buy into it but he then said "I bet you have chips in" and then successfully listed all of my affected areas so I then Believed him. He said a hood protector will knock out 90% of the damage as they cause rocks to bounce off the round nose sort of cars like the Kizashi, Swift etc. I'm ordering one soon to only use on highways as I hate the look of them.
2011 Premium Silver XL

Learn. Do. Break. Fix. Explore. Save. Repeat
murcod

You should look into a car bra for that sort of use. I'm not sure if they make them to suit, but Robco Products are in Sydney (from memory) and make nice bras. I've used Car Bra Australia (in Melbourne) for my last two.
Another option is in the USA they have factory bras - the only issue is their front clearance lights on the bumper that are USA only. So an extra hole you don't want.....

Here are some ideas:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Suzuki-Kizashi- ... 9b&vxp=mtr
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Suzuki-Kizashi- ... b3&vxp=mtr
http://www.ebay.com/itm/2010-2011-2012- ... b5&vxp=mtr
David
Wonson92

this is the version I'm considering most.

http://pages.ebay.com/motors/link/?nav= ... 0734510933

mostly because it's easy on off and storage. a car bra is the runner up option but I'm leaning towards just the hood guard because id be taking it on and off a fair bit.
2011 Premium Silver XL

Learn. Do. Break. Fix. Explore. Save. Repeat
jj351

Sorry for taking so long to reply . Suzuki were not interested in any sort of repair . Took it to a smash repairer 5 month ago and got it touched up for $100 and got the paint sealed and polished and have not a problem since . Love the car . Unbelievable what happened in America . Hopefully they are in a better position in Australia . Had the car for two years now and no problems whatsoever . Done 30k , fuel economy great , handling better and still looks impressive . Best thing I ever bought....
TonusMcBronus

uzz32 wrote:Washed my car today and found some more chips on the bonnet and both front doors :x Seems like the paint is so weak, it chips when you look at it the wrong way. Will be attempting to lodge a warranty claim but won't hold my breath on them honouring it. Had a 2003 Camry with 140,000kms that had less chips than my near new Kizashi :(
Have exactly the same problem with 2010 fervent red XL. 10 chips after 50,000 kms mainly city driving (never ever on gravel) and 1 chip on Camry with 320,000 kms mainly highway and some gravel and some off road - Camry has been hammered for work, can't fault it.

Really love the Kizashi but paint job a real let down.
gwellsmore

If you own a red Kizashi and have paint chipping issues at any age you need to all write to Suzuki Head Office in your country and complain about this. It's definitely a factory fault. Not enough paint applied in production.
It stands out because for the red to pop it has to have a grey base so when a stone hits it it's shows up and draw your eyes to the flaw. People you need all to push Suzuki for Goodwill. It does work. Take it from me.
A class action would be suffice with this to force Suzuki to carry out a world wide recall with Red Kizashi and yellow swift sports which have a common issue/problem with the paint.
aranciata-oz

Bugger - after putting my car through the car wash this morning, I too noticed the many chips on the bonnet. Definitely more than many cars of this age that I've owned or currently own.

I have a white 2013 Sports Prestige FWD, white.

Will get some touch up paint from Suzuki but then consider a clear wrap on the bonnet (I know a colleague who had his S5 Audi protected this way).
2013 MY14 Kizashi Sport Prestige (Auto)