XLS Bluetooth kit cheap on Ebay

The Kizashi should soon show up in Australia. We look forward to seeing members from your region.
murcod

No idea who's selling it, but thought someone might be interested, http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/suzuki-kizas ... 3a7eca41a0
David
Wonson92

Do you think that would be installable on the xl?:) only reason I ask is the xl's option )which I didn't get due to the $600 price tag) is a lot different to the steering wheel control one in the xls, surely not for no reason?
2011 Premium Silver XL

Learn. Do. Break. Fix. Explore. Save. Repeat
murcod

It would be the same as what I faced when installing the XLS GPS system. The loom won't plug into your Kizashi so you'd have to hardwire it all; it would be possible to do IMHO but not something you'd want to attempt if you're not confident with auto electrical work. (You'll most likely find there's an interface harness included which is for the XLS but you'd need the XL harness to get it to plug straight in. If that's the case you might be able to just buy the harness you need? )
David
Wonson92

Ill pass in that case haha. I set my own one up a while ago but the buttons are mounted under the steering wheel
2011 Premium Silver XL

Learn. Do. Break. Fix. Explore. Save. Repeat
whitekizashi

Hello all does anyone have this kit fitted to there XLS if so could you post a picture of what the control switch looks like on the dash. Regards Steve
murcod

I think it's the type where you have a small control switch panel / microphone fitted on the top RHS corner of the windscreen?

Here, found it: http://www.suzuki.com.au/vehicles/model ... ring-model

(that's just a guess though.....if you can get it cheap it would be worth the risk, I think the RRP was around $495.)
David
whitekizashi

Thanks for that David. My car is a 2010 built 2011 aust compliance XLS and the item on ebay is clearly marked XLS so it may be worth a gamble. Do you think it would be easy to fit??? any special tools required??? and once fitted will it automatically mute the radio when the phone rings. Regards Steve
murcod

The picture shows the factory instructions which (normally) are very comprehensive. You shouldn't need any special tools; at a guess you'll have to remove the head unit from the centre console and the "A" pillar trim from the driver's side to run the cable to the control pad.

No idea on the radio muting but I'd be thinking it would do that.
David
whitekizashi

Bought the kit and and fitted it last week. Easy to fit I purchased a trim removal kit from Hong Kong for $4.00.The instructions included are very good and easy to follow and the unit works great.
murcod

Good to see someone on here got it.
David