Quick poll - CVT or manual Kizashi?

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.

What do you drive?

- CVT Kizashi
72%
- Manual Kizashi
28%

Total votes: 43
jute2003

My Kizashi has the CVT tranny. If I could find one or convince the girl that driving a manual isn't so bad I'd prefer to have that.
WIKizashi

CVT here. I would have liked a manual but I wanted AWD and the SE trim was as high has my budget would allow. My wife's Nissan has a CVT, though, so I'm used to them and don't mind the drone/feel of it.
fjroman2

I don't mind the CVT...always have the paddle shifters if I need them. Otherwise, I am driving back and forth to work and don't really care...
2013 Suzuki Kizashi SLS AWD - Premium Silver
Priors:
2007 Mazda 3S GTS
2004 VW Passat
1997 Nissan Pathfinder
2013 Honda Pilot (wife's vehicle)
cocos3

Almost 3 months and 4,500 klms into ownership, I'm finding I'm happy with the CVT when it's up and running, acceleration for overtaking is fine...but I just am not getting used to it's high rev roar if I want to take off a bit more quickly from stop or low down.

Loving everything about the car and loving cruising around in it.....but that over-revving just bugs me.. a standard auto would have been the go for me.
Red 2013 Prestige w/ sat-nav
coref1

My Kizashi's done 12000 klms and I find it actually pulls reasonably strongly off the mark now but I don't think the cvt's are everybodys cup of tea and they are still probably a work in progress. Apparantly the new Corolla cvt (Aus version) is the best cvt yet and feels more like a traditional auto.
Wizzbang

Manual XLS (premium). I was only keen to get a manual and was told the one I bought is the last one in that specification with that transmission in the city. I have never driven a CVT auto in my life, so I'm keen to take an auto Kizashi for a spin to see what its like.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi XLS 6MT Premium Silver
chazyouwin

I have the CVT with FWD and I find it is a nicely weighted and responsive combination. When the dealer had some sticks in stock I tried one and I found it quite nice. But for a daily driver on a daily commute I'm pretty happy with the smoothness of a non-shifting automatic. Sure, it is a bit noisy but the sounds are not unpleasant. My Toyotas in the past were sticks -- a problem was that any liquid in the car would end up on splashed on the seat. I do confess to enjoying liquids in the car.
2010 Kizashi SLS FWD Gray; 2013 Grand Vitara 4wd red; 2012 SX4 blue; 2021 Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV black

Previous: 2002 XL-7 Limited (2); 1992 Accord; '91 Volvo; '85 Toyota; '84 Celica; '73 Mercedes.