How to Change: Cabin Air Filter

Where DIYs with photos live. Please start new topics in DIY section. Completed DIYs are moved here for clutter control and quicker reference.
Triggerhappy

I agree, taking off the glovebox door is unnecessary. I didn't even need to use tools since my hands are not that big. Thanks OP for the write-up and everyone for their help.

I bought the clean breeze filter and installed it with the lighter side pointing up. Is that the correct way or is the dark side pointing up?
152k miles - niece drives it now
2017 Prius Prime - about 65 mpg factoring in electricity cost
2018 Pacifica Hybrid - wife's
Firefly

MNSLS wrote: With the cabin air filter out compare it to the new air filter. (In the first two pictures you can see the new Fram 10546 vs the old dirty filter.)
Curious - how many miles are on that dirty old filter?
Former driver of a 2011 SLS AWD Platinum
KIZFAN2

They say about 30k so that is what 18-19 miles?

I just changed mine at 60k and it looked like a forest with all the leaves and dirt.
2011 Kizashi SX
CTKizashi

Extremely helpful. Changed the filter in my 2010 in about 15 minutes. The local dealer said that the 30,000 mile service (oil change, air & cabin air filters, inspections, checking fluids) is a 4 hour service at $110 @ hour (it would have totalled $700). Got a synthetic oil change & inspection for $70, did the air & cabin filters for about 75. Thanks for the posts.
matt_gold99

MNSLS wrote:On the right side is a little cyclinder for something. Push it down a bit and flip it out of the hole.
Not sure if this thread is still looked at, but I have a quick question.

Attached is a photo of the side of my 2011 glove compartment.
'C' is a dampener arm that attaches to the main box.
My question is, can I pull off 'B' with a bit of force, or do I need to unscrew 'A' from the box? Is there some way of removing this arm without unscrewing 'A'?
Attachments
glove_compartment_dampener.jpg
glove_compartment_dampener.jpg (167.13 KiB) Viewed 14850 times
murcod

From memory you don't need any tools to remove the glovebox, but I can't remember if it pulls off there?
David
kizashigal

All you need to do is unclip the holder for the owners manual by sliding it to take out then unclip the white cover where filter is...very simple!
2011 Kizzy SE AWD Deep Sea Blue

*drive it like you stole it*
matt_gold99

s'ok, I just wanted to remove the glove box to see how hard it might be to look inside the vents. It's a bit harder than I thought, and I would have to take off more than the glove box to give myself access to the inside of the vents.

I put the glove box back on and yep, replacing the filter is quite easy with the glove box still on!
KuroNekko

Maybe this video has been posted here before and maybe it was created by a member here, but I'm going to post it here anyways.
The video shows how to access the air filter in a Kizashi. I hope you like techno music too.

[youtube][/youtube]
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
Kelevra

dman wrote:you don't need to remove the hinged glove box,,,

haha, I wish I had read this post subsequently. Either way, it only took 5 minutes, even with dropping the glovebox held on one side. Easy, thanks. PS, my filter looked a bit worse than the one above with the debris on it after 1 1/2 years.