New Wave Of Kizashis

The Kizashi should soon show up in Australia. We look forward to seeing members from your region.
cocos3

Speaking to a Suzuki dealer yesterday...he tells me all new Kizashis to be sold here (Aus), after current stock is gone, will have the AWD body trim..... Interesting but not unusual in the car biz to load up lower spec models with features from the higher ones after a year or two...Kinda puts a downer on the people who bought the up-spec model to look a bit different though!
Hope they're not just using up the parts bins for some reason we don't want to know..... :|
Red 2013 Prestige w/ sat-nav
murcod

You're referring to the front/ rear bumper and side strip treatment - so we'd get like the USA models with a Sport look and FWD/ manual transmission (possibly)?

It wouldn't surprise me if there are no manuals in the near future. Last update the Prestige became CVT only, perhaps this time the Touring?
David
cocos3

Yes, def the sport look. Didn't press him for more details...should have I guess. I'm presuming it's the external features he meant. Whether its interior, like chrome on steering wheel etc, or into the mechanicals...I don't know.....Guess we'll know soon enough!
Red 2013 Prestige w/ sat-nav
murcod

I was thinking a Subaru type approach with selling AWD models only locally (well they broke that with the BRZ, but were AWD only for a long time.)
David
murcod

Advertised in the local paper: "New Kizashi Touring - now with body kit and 18" alloys. Automatic standard, Sat Nav. $29990 drive away."

Wow, that's cheap given the standard equipment..
David
murcod

Just checked on their website - there's now "new" models:
Kizashi Sport Touring
Kizashi Sport Prestige
Kizashi Sport AWD

As usual, they've got all the specs stuffed up with only the model names changed (classic Suzuki...eg. still list the Sport Touring as having 17" wheels, no body kit and the old audio system.) So it's hard to work out what is standard now. The pdf brochure is still the old models too.

If auto is standard in the Touring it might mean the death of any manual transmission models?
David
Wonson92

Saw this in the paper today, combined with the website listings above and the photos on the site, i'm led to assume they now all have the sport kit?
Attachments
20130824_153801.jpg
20130824_153801.jpg (277.6 KiB) Viewed 6680 times
2011 Premium Silver XL

Learn. Do. Break. Fix. Explore. Save. Repeat
murcod

Yes, a fancier advert than what I saw. I wonder if they've got the lower suspension as part of the package?
David
CLLee

Prestige has LCD/GPS now... according to the website.
sob sob.
murcod

I think that was part of the last model upgrade - where they scrapped the Rockford Fosgate stereo? From what I've read, you're probably better off with that - the new GPS head unit is a no name brand with average audio quality and no name speakers.
David