First wreck in a Kizashi?

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
Dowser

Hi! I'm Dowser from over at the SX4Club.com forum. I took a Kizashi out for a test drive today. As soon as I got on the freeway, a huge part of a truck tire emerged from under the car ahead of me. I didn't have time to do much at all. I stayed off the brakes so the car wouldn't nose-dive when I hit it. I swerved a little, but I hit it hard. There is damage to the bumper cover, lower grille, headlight bezel, and even a scuff mark on one of the front wheels. :( On Monday I may find out how much the damages are. It was a shame to have this happen to such a fine car...and on a test drive! Fine car...leather, sunroof, cvt w/paddle shifters.

So am I the first one to get in a wreck in a Kizashi?
Last edited by Dowser on Tue Feb 23, 2010 6:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Moto
Site Admin

Dowser wrote:So am I the first one to get in a wreck in a Kizashi?
I think you win the prize

Glad you’re alright.

Hopefully your insurance or the dealer's insurance will cover your. There isn't a lot anyone can do if you are in traffic and there is something big and stationary on the road.

I've even holding off on taking a test drive in the kizashi because your roads have been glazed ice for months. (They only have a FWD one here) Only in the last few days has it been warm enough to melt back down the the pavement, but there are still snow piles taller than the car at every intersection so I might even hold off until spring. I've just about had two accidence so far because you can't see around a corner until your vehicles front end is out into the road. The city would have moved the snow, but their snow storage areas were full after the first big storm so they don't have anywhere to move it to now.

anyway... sorry to go on that tangent. I hope things work out for you. You'll have to let us know how things turn out. You might be the first one who knows what body work will cost for the car.
NJKizashi

Hey, it wasn't your Kizashi, you didn't get Banged Up..Sleep well and go drive another one. ;)
Dowser

More bummer details are coming out. I was informed today that the AC condenser, the transmission cooler, and some headlight switch were also damaged. Looks like this may get expensive! :shock:
Amedia1

Eek! I don't know all of the legal
technicalities associated with something like this but you've GOT to have a leg to stand on since the dealer let you go alone, right? And I assume you have the right to confirm what the dealer tells you is damaged on the car? Still
hoping it works out as well as it can for you!
Dowser

At times like these I am thankful to God for insurance and insurance adjusters. If this ends-up as a claim against my insurance, I will just be thankful that neither of us were injured.
Cherish

Ooooh man, poor baby Kizashi.. :cry:

I am so sorry that you are both having to go through this. I wouldn't even know where to begin breaking the news and explaining the accident to the dealer upon our return. I just know that the looks on their faces would have been enough to bring me to tears and getting out to see what the damage was would have brought me to being completely inconsolable, arguably I would be a bigger wreck than the car. It sounds like the dealer is being understanding about it.

Tire snakes have always been a major source of fear for me no matter what I am driving. I've always seen them in between lanes and on the sides of the road and have always wondered about the amount of force and violence it takes for them to come flying off of a truck like that.

Totally scary, totally dangerous.
Dowser

Thank you Cherish. This wasn't just a piece of tire tread, it was an entire mangled circular carcass bouncing along after being run over by a lifted SUV in front of me. As I think back on it, I wouldn't have done anything different. I'm so glad I didn't nail the brakes and nose-dive into it. It might have come through the windshield at me and my daughter.
Last edited by Dowser on Mon Mar 01, 2010 3:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cherish

Oh my, I really thought it was just piece of tread... wow... that's just... that's just gonna give me nightmares. Way glad you and your daughter are ok.
Moto
Site Admin

Any update on how things came out?