Recall Code VG - spiders blocking Evap canister vent

Information regarding future changes to the Kizashi. Press releases regarding the car and motorsports related topics go here.
bootymac

Speed_Racer wrote:They recommended I call them back in a few weeks to check with them again.
As opposed to them following up with Suzuki and addressing the recall asap. Ah, the joys of a defunct brand. It's a good thing the recall isn't for something serious...
KuroNekko wrote:So they are notifying owners before the dealership? Sounds unreasonable. However, news of this recall is really non-existent at this time. I've yet to find a published article on this and I usually have no problems finding some info on recalls.
According to the recall letter, service centers were already advised and replacement parts are available as of August 6
Last edited by bootymac on Wed Aug 20, 2014 7:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
bootymac

I received my (Canadian) notice today. I've scanned it for reference:
Suzuki Kizashi Recall VG.png
Suzuki Kizashi Recall VG.png (361.78 KiB) Viewed 14084 times
murcod

Here's some info on the issues Mazda had. It's interesting that even after their "countermeasure" was introduced (to block the spider entry) they still had problems with spiders!? They also reprogrammed the operation of the evaporator system to limit the amount of negative pressure the tank could be exposed to - supposedly even with spiders in the system that will prevent tank damage.

http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/acms/cs/ja ... -7764P.pdf
http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/acms/cs/ja ... 4-7361.pdf
David
Ronzuki

Just got a recall in the mail last night for the SX4's passenger seat airbag sensor as well. Soooo, I called Tony at Jeff D'Ambrosio's. Contrary to Speed_Racer's post, not only did he know about both recalls, he knew that's why I was calling (since neither is due for inspection) and knows we own both cars. Suzuki is not the bad guy in the states, really, it's the vast majority of worthless ex-dealers-now service centers. He explained that the recalls don't get mailed to owners until the parts become available for the service centers to actually obtain. They're ordering the parts for both my cars and will call me when they come in to schedule the work. Easy-peezy. We'll see how long it takes until I get the call.
Ron

2010 Kizashi GTS, CVT, iAWD (3/10 build date)
2011 SX4 Premium Hatch, CVT, iAWD (12/10 build date)
2018 Mazda CX-5 iAWD Touring
2014 Wrangler JKUW (GONE, traded :D :D )
1991 Samurai, 5-Speed, EFI, Soft-Top ( :| sold)
Speed_Racer

Ronzuki wrote:Just got a recall in the mail last night for the SX4's passenger seat airbag sensor as well. Soooo, I called Tony at Jeff D'Ambrosio's. Contrary to Speed_Racer's post, not only did he know about both recalls, he knew that's why I was calling (since neither is due for inspection) and knows we own both cars. Suzuki is not the bad guy in the states, really, it's the vast majority of worthless ex-dealers-now service centers. He explained that the recalls don't get mailed to owners until the parts become available for the service centers to actually obtain. They're ordering the parts for both my cars and will call me when they come in to schedule the work. Easy-peezy. We'll see how long it takes until I get the call.
Sigh...I need to start going to a different service center. I haven't been pleased with the one I called, but it's the closest to me.
'12 Kizashi,'03 SV650,'04 DL1000
honsonwong

bootymac wrote:I received my (Canadian) notice today. I've scanned it for reference:
I have received the notice yesterday too. I called the Richmond dealer and they said that they still didn't receive the parts and they put down my name and will call me after the parts is ready, and I was told that I am the No.9 on the list.
bootymac

honsonwong wrote:
bootymac wrote:I received my (Canadian) notice today. I've scanned it for reference:
I have received the notice yesterday too. I called the Richmond dealer and they said that they still didn't receive the parts and they put down my name and will call me after the parts is ready, and I was told that I am the No.9 on the list.
I hope they don't mix up all of the red Kizashis :lol:
kizashigal

My dealer knew of the recall, but no parts are available yet. When asked if they had an idea when they may come in they said no, call us back in a week or so..
2011 Kizzy SE AWD Deep Sea Blue

*drive it like you stole it*
Ronzuki

Ronzuki wrote:Just got a recall in the mail last night for the SX4's passenger seat airbag sensor as well. We'll see how long it takes until I get the call.
Parts manager called today....seat cushion for SX4 is in but he said the spider fix parts haven't arrived yet. 5 days from my call to part showing up at the service center and the call back. Not bad.
Ron

2010 Kizashi GTS, CVT, iAWD (3/10 build date)
2011 SX4 Premium Hatch, CVT, iAWD (12/10 build date)
2018 Mazda CX-5 iAWD Touring
2014 Wrangler JKUW (GONE, traded :D :D )
1991 Samurai, 5-Speed, EFI, Soft-Top ( :| sold)
bootymac

Attach spider traps in the meantime :lol: