Kizashi Damaged

Post videos and photos of your Kizashi.
Speed_Racer

The power company decided to box my car in and do some line work directly above my car, and this was the result.

"Oh, I guess we should have had you move your car first." :facepalm:

In case you're curious, rear windows run about $550 installed. They did about $1600 in total damage plus the cost of a rental car for five days, all of which they're reimbursing me for.

'12 Kizashi,'03 SV650,'04 DL1000
bootymac

Wow, that sucks. There's that Kizashi luck again
twoqttsdad

If you lost time from work you should be comp'd for that as well.
2012 SLS
Azure Grey
FWD CVT
Speed_Racer

bootymac wrote:Wow, that sucks. There's that Kizashi luck again
Haha you have no idea. This car has brought me so much bad luck not related to the car's reliability, it's ridiculous.

- Dealer skips town with my title before submitting it to DMV. Takes 1 yr. 4 mos. to get an investigation closed and a replacement title issued
- Paint chipping can't be covered under warranty because previous owner had an undisclosed front impact and repainted the clip and hood. Bad surface prep is the cause of the chipping
- Now this.
KuroNekko

That sucks, but at least they took responsibility.
My boss had his rear window shattered in an indoor garage. It was when workers were replacing all the fluorescent lights with LEDs in the parking garage. It was obvious that a worker dropped a tool or something while working on a ladder near the parked car. My boss knew this was the case as the light bulb above his car was a new LED after he found his window shattered. Of course, the workers denied any knowledge or liability and there was not much he could do about it.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
Speed_Racer

KuroNekko wrote:That sucks, but at least they took responsibility.
My boss had his rear window shattered in an indoor garage. It was when workers were replacing all the fluorescent lights with LEDs in the parking garage. It was obvious that a worker dropped a tool or something while working on a ladder near the parked car. My boss knew this was the case as the light bulb above his car was a new LED after he found his window shattered. Of course, the workers denied any knowledge or liability and there was not much he could do about it.
Luckily my office overlooks the parking lot, and they knew I was watching. I didn't see the tool drop, but they quickly came over to make it right. Who knows if they would have had nobody been around.
Speed_Racer

I get text updates from the body shop, come follow along with the process!

Yesterday, glass pulled:

Today, looks like sanding and maybe filling where the sheetmetal was indented from the impact:
bootymac

That's pretty cool that you're getting picture updates from the shop!

Also, I didn't realize there was roof damage too :(
Speed_Racer

bootymac wrote:That's pretty cool that you're getting picture updates from the shop!

Also, I didn't realize there was roof damage too :(
The part fell on the metal tab you can see in the closeup image - that's what the rear glass rests on. When it bent the tab down, it also indented the roof sheetmetal its a part of. Very slight, but noticeable when you ran your hand across.
Speed_Racer

Panda Watch. I mean, Kizashi watch.

I got it back from the body shop on Tuesday as scheduled. The total came out to $1280 for body, paint, and glass.

I have an appointment tomorrow to get the glass re-tinted ($100), then it's off to the dealer on Monday-Tues to have the spider recall taken care of. I'm glad I have the SV since this dealer never gives me a loaner.