My kizashi updated!!

The Do It Yourself section is used provide assistance with mods and fixes. Whenever you are making a change to your car please take pictures and notes. Let others know what to watch out for and any useful tricks you learn. If you are starting a post in this section from scratch please hold it to a higher standard than you would for other forum posts. i.e. technical detail and even grammar.
Please post about issues or problems in the Technical Support & Problem Troubleshooting forum.
will2k

Hey guys i havnt posted here in probably 2 years but since then have done some more mods to my car including matte black plastidip rims, matte black badges, drls, smoked taillights, painted calipers red, resonator delete and in a few weeks getting a high flow cat.

MODS: catback exhaust, RRM SRI, 6000k HID, white led's all round, 22% tint, Rear swaybar, LED drl's, chrome stealth turn signal, scanguage II.

Sound system: 2 x Alpine 6.5" speakers, 2ch Pioneer amp and Fusion 10" subwoofer tube
bootymac

I remember seeing your posts from a while ago. Glad you're still around!

How does the exhaust sound with the resonator removed?
will2k

Hey, i remember a few people from when the forum first started back in the day haha
I liked my custom catback exhaust but it was quite conservative and sounded best around 2k rpm then as the revs went higher it sounded more stock.

The resonator delete is the best $110 ive spent lol sounds much better, has more growl to it and sounds better throughout the whole rev range.

Sometimes in 1st or 2nd gear on deceleration i get a faint exhaust popping which i like but quite rare. A high flow cat would increase this and it should sound even better.

In the next 3 weeks or so ill get it done
MODS: catback exhaust, RRM SRI, 6000k HID, white led's all round, 22% tint, Rear swaybar, LED drl's, chrome stealth turn signal, scanguage II.

Sound system: 2 x Alpine 6.5" speakers, 2ch Pioneer amp and Fusion 10" subwoofer tube
murcod

Hi, welcome back - I've come across quite a few of your posts. There are a few more Aussie members on here now.

What did you end up doing with your exhaust - what components were used as far as mufflers, resonators etc. ? Did you notice much difference like the engine being keener to rev out in gears?

PS: Your DRL's look much like what I've done on mine :)

David
will2k

I got a custom catback exhaust about 4 years ago and it did seem to run a bit better. Now i got the resonator removed and replaced with a straight pipe it feels a little less restricted. I think a high flow cat will make a difference.

Our drls do look similar lol mine are just a bit longer

murcod

I don't suppose you've got any pics of the exhaust system? I've thought a bit about doing something, but would probably just start with changing the rear mufflers.

What brand DRL's did you use? Suzuki Aus were selling a similar style kit for an exorbitant fee, mine are Philips.
David
will2k

Sorry i dont have a picture of the exhaust.
My drls are just cheap ones off ebay lol i couldn't find brand names that were long enough as i wanted or didnt cost a fortune.

I plan on painting the whole front grille and badge matte black soon too.

Im excited about the high flow cat. I just bought it and plan on getting it installed in 1 week!

murcod

Cool. Keep the updates coming. :)

BTW, the Sport lower front mesh grille will fit into your front bar. I've fitted it to mine so the upper and lower grilles match. However, it's not cheap to buy new from a dealer. (The previous pic of mine is an old one.)

Here's a poor quality pic showing it

Edit better pic:

David
will2k

I like the grille!

murcod

Thanks. I did a lot of investigation before taking the plunge and ordering it- nobody else had tried the swap. It paid off as it improves the looks a lot. The grille cost was the wrong side of AUS$250 (from memory). The centre part of the bar has also been painted with Plasti Dip Smoke.

There are probably a lot more of those grilles at various Aussie wreckers now. ;)
David