Just a german Kizashi :)

Introduce yourself here, also we will post links to topics we find the most valuable on the forum to help out new members.
TwinBeat

Hello,

i found out about your forum via google while searching for some info regarding changing the horn on my Kizashi and thought i could as well register when i am allready here. :)

I'm from Germany, owning my Kizashi since Nov. 2012 and a happy camper ever since. :)

Some specs:
Kizashi 6MT Sport Package
KW Lowering Springs
Enkei Yamato Alloys
BORLA catback

Future Plans: KW Coilovers Variant 2

Please forgive my bumpy english. :D
Attachments
20140623_123104_2.jpg
20140623_123104_2.jpg (100.22 KiB) Viewed 9630 times
SamirD

Nice! Welcome! What do you plan to do with the lowering springs once you switch to the coilovers? How did the handling change with the lowering springs?
bootymac

Welcome! Car looks great. How rare is the Kizashi in Germany?
TwinBeat

I don't know if it sell the springs or put them in the garage - just in case the coilovers aren't working the way i want them.
The ride got a little bit firmer with the springs... it's more for the looks than technical aspects. I think the Kizashi allready handles quite well. I drove it around the "Bilster Berg" (a test-track here in germany) for a few rounds in rainy conditions and was surprised how well it behaved. No drama and quite fast for its 180 PS.
Too bad i haven't had the time for a visit of the Nordschleife yet... one thing that i want to do in 2015 as soon as the coilovers are on it.

In all this time i own the Kizashi i saw only 2 others on the streets. In 2011... when the Kizashi came out in Germany... Suzuki sold 784 units.
I just like rare Japanese cars... we owned a Supra MK3, Evo 6, Evo 9, a Daihatsu Materia and now the Kizashi.
SamirD

Smart. That's what I would do with the springs too. :mrgreen:

That's so cool that you've had a chance to track the Kizashi. Where did you find its weak points to be? (especially with your experience of driving other performance cars)

Kizashi--the meaning of the word should be changed to "ultra-rare Japanese car with a loyal following and no manufacturer support" :lol:
TwinBeat

We wheren't able to bring it to it's limits because it was a demo-run of the track before it actually opened and because of the conditions, but the weak point i got from the rounds and from experience in this 2 years was that the kizashi has a little problem with getting the power on the street after sharper turns.
The Kizashi not even comes close to the capabilities of an Evo 6 or 9 when it comes to handling or power, but for this money and a FWD it performes surprisingly well. I think it is one of the most underrated cars there is. :)

The Kizashi had a few minor problems when it came out in Germany and was tested by the press. This problems have all been fixed shortly afterwards - but this and that there isn't a diesel-Version of it broke it's neck here.
KuroNekko

Welcome!

We've had a German member here before but he has since got the new Suzuki S-Cross.

Interesting that you plan to get the KW coilovers. They've been discussed here before, but they are apparently only on sale in Germany and are the only aftermarket suspension available for the Kizashi that we know of.

Keep us posted on how the coilovers are for your car.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
SamirD

KuroNekko wrote:Interesting that you plan to get the KW coilovers. They've been discussed here before, but they are apparently only on sale in Germany and are the only aftermarket suspension available for the Kizashi that we know of.

Keep us posted on how the coilovers are for your car.
Yes, please let us know how they are. Suspension is one of areas I love to upgrade first.

Hey KuroNekko, can we get the KW springs here in the US? I know someone makes some lowering springs that we can get here, but I don't think its KW.
bootymac

H&R and RRM also have lowering springs for the Kizashi. KW is the only company that makes Kizashi coilovers AFAIK.

I'm sure you can order the KW springs through an authorized dealer
SamirD

bootymac wrote:H&R and RRM also have lowering springs for the Kizashi. KW is the only company that makes Kizashi coilovers AFAIK.

I'm sure you can order the KW springs through an authorized dealer
I thought it was H&R that made them. I bet RRM just buys those and resells them. Since H&R is German, I wonder if KW is actually making them for H&R too?