Just a german Kizashi :)

Introduce yourself here, also we will post links to topics we find the most valuable on the forum to help out new members.
KuroNekko

SamirD wrote: Hey KuroNekko, can we get the KW springs here in the US? I know someone makes some lowering springs that we can get here, but I don't think its KW.
As Bootymac wrote, a few different companies offer springs for the Kizashi but KW is the only one we know of that actually makes a coilover suspension kit for the Kizashi.
You can find it here by searching by the car.
http://www.kwsuspensions.com/produktfin ... 1420834399
However, everything I've seen for these shows that it's intended for the European market and I'm not sure if there are any North American distributors for these.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
TwinBeat

I know that KW and HR are making springs and they are not the same. They differ a little bit in height-reduction. I got the KW ones because i have only good experiences with parts from them... i had a variant 3 in my Evo 6 and it's was spectacular and worth any penny. :D

But my next big project costs only a few Euro... i have to rid of the HID-Bulbs in the parking-lights and exchange them for 360° LEDs from Philips to match the Xenons. :)
Lets see if i get them exchanged myself... there isn't much room behind the headlights...
KuroNekko

TwinBeat wrote:I know that KW and HR are making springs and they are not the same. They differ a little bit in height-reduction. I got the KW ones because i have only good experiences with parts from them... i had a variant 3 in my Evo 6 and it's was spectacular and worth any penny. :D

But my next big project costs only a few Euro... i have to rid of the HID-Bulbs in the parking-lights and exchange them for 360° LEDs from Philips to match the Xenons. :)
Lets see if i get them exchanged myself... there isn't much room behind the headlights...
Your Euro-spec Kizashi comes with factory HIDs and you want to take out the position bulbs and put in LEDs, right? I've done that but I don't have factory HIDs. Mine are aftermarket because North American Kizashis don't have HIDs in any trim.

In all reality, you'll need to take off the bumper and headlights to access the position bulbs. They pretty much require the high beams to come out first.
I've done this and here's my write-up if you want to browse it.
http://kizashiclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=2141
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
SamirD

TwinBeat wrote:I know that KW and HR are making springs and they are not the same. They differ a little bit in height-reduction. I got the KW ones because i have only good experiences with parts from them... i had a variant 3 in my Evo 6 and it's was spectacular and worth any penny. :D

Which one out of the H&R and KW seem to be the more 'aggressive' spring?

Is your Kizashi LHD or RHD? I'd love to see the front of your car, especially the wiring harnesses for the HIDs. I want to convert our US car to HIDs. I'm tired of both bulbs being out and driving with the high beams all the time. :(
TwinBeat

I don't know which springs are more aggressive... i never driven a Kizashi with the HR springs. Sorry.

About the HID-Wiring... when i try to change the bulbs i make some photos for you.
SamirD

TwinBeat wrote:I don't know which springs are more aggressive... i never driven a Kizashi with the HR springs. Sorry.

About the HID-Wiring... when i try to change the bulbs i make some photos for you.
No problem. 8-) Which brand lowers the car more? I'm sure both are a progressive design, especially with KW's knowledge on suspensions.

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! :mrgreen: I hope to do a full HID conversion in the next 12 months. That will be the final touch on our top trim Kizashi. 8-)
SamirD

Oh and if the harness for the front parking sensors aren't too much trouble that would be great too. For some reason, they didn't have front sensors on the US cars. :?
TwinBeat

On Paper the KWs lowers the car 30mm and the HRs 35mm.
But in reality the official numbers never tell the truth. I chose the KW because of my good experiences with KW in the past... and who sees the 5mm difference? :D

But i can't wait to see my Kizashi with the coilovers... here are some pictures from golgoroth from the german Kizashi-Forum who allready got them on his car:
http://www.kizashiforum.de/viewtopic.php?p=7958#p7958
SamirD

TwinBeat wrote:On Paper the KWs lowers the car 30mm and the HRs 35mm.
But in reality the official numbers never tell the truth. I chose the KW because of my good experiences with KW in the past... and who sees the 5mm difference? :D

But i can't wait to see my Kizashi with the coilovers... here are some pictures from golgoroth from the german Kizashi-Forum who allready got them on his car:
http://www.kizashiforum.de/viewtopic.php?p=7958#p7958
That'strue. 5mm can be me in the driver's seat. :lol:

That's so slammed! That's what our car current looks like with the winter set on it, except a skinny 215 tire. It looks like the alignment is pretty jacked up though. Does he have any unusual tire wear? (I've actually registered on the German site, but can't do much more than look at the pictures since I don't know the language. :()
TwinBeat

Don't know... he didn't mentioned any unusual tire-wear. But my guess it is too soon to say anyhow... he has the coilovers since Oktober 2014 and is now on winter-tires.

Btw... he haven't gone to the limit with the coilovers. That is only 4 of 5cm that are possible.